• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling with Water

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Hi Everyone,
I am really struggling to get enough water down me, I am not keen on water but do try to drink it as much as possible, but, I am really struggling to get down even 500ml in a day. by the time i have my meals theres not enough room, for it, I try and sip on and off all day long but, i feel all full and bunged up lol, any suggestions? Plz x

talking about bunged up are you managing to open yr bowels regularly because this can impact on the amount you drink. If you havent i would get something for the constpation and work from there. i have a fibersure everyday and that seems to be keeping me regular.
do you have any other drinks other than water, I find warm drinks go down easier and have also discovered a liking for ribena light cordial hot.
HTH
carole

Hi I was exactly the same after the first week, I found since I switch from the fast-tabs to ordinary tablets I can get more fluid in. Today I had some honeydew melon and it was so juicy and refreshing and easy to digest. Try ice lollies anything because the water is important but I know it is so so hard to get in...xx

Hi Thanks for your replies, Yes I did go to the loo the other day but not been since lol, I was thinking the same, I have some senna, so might take one of them tonight, Will this be ok? I have been having Oxo, tea(Black no milk no sugar), Milky coffees, chicken soup, pineapple juice, tomatoe soup, muller light yogurts, and milk, and trying to get the water in too.
Is Vimto light ok??

You sound to be doing really well with the fluids. Someone correct me if im wrong but am i right in thinking its 2ltrs minimum of fluids in the first 2 weeks so i bet yr getting that. vimpto light should be ok

I was really struggling with getting enough liquids into me. Not i have some flavoured water, and everytime i pour myself a drink, i use a straw to drink it. It causes far less pain to drink that way, and i end up getting more into me, and i seem to be able to fit more in.

I had the same thing but found if i warmed the fluid up slightly it seemed to go down a lot better, though i couldn't drink it red hot, try milky tea or coffee or just hot milk !
if not then try getting your fluids by other means, ice lollies, frozen juice or make some sorbet up.

Nowdays i stick mainly to gin and tonics these days for my daily fluid intake :D

... I have been having Oxo, tea(Black no milk no sugar), Milky coffees, chicken soup, pineapple juice, tomatoe soup, muller light yogurts, and milk, and trying to get the water in too ...

Sounds like you are getting plenty of fluids - all count towards your water intake so I'm sure you are doing fine. It really is early days. I was the same, couldn't drink enough, especially when I fitted it around food & couldn't drink before & after eating (& sleeping 14 hours a day then!)

Back