• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wedding ring

happy days

My ring was starting to slip alot lately so took it into the jewelers today to see if they cud re size. I was gobsmacked iam 6 ring sizes smaller, never even thought about my fingers shrinking lol

Careful you dont end up with the same problem as Bobsbigboy he was away from home for work and got home to realise he had lost his ring which like yours had become loose. He had to ring where he stayed to see if they had found it, luckily for him they did stuck in a bar of soap in the bathroom. He was very lucky and reunited with his ring a few days later via the post. Poor man was out of his mind with worry.

penelope1008 said:
Careful you dont end up with the same problem as Bobsbigboy he was away from home for work and got home to realise he had lost his ring which like yours had become loose. He had to ring where he stayed to see if they had found it, luckily for him they did stuck in a bar of soap in the bathroom. He was very lucky and reunited with his ring a few days later via the post. Poor man was out of his mind with worry.

I've been worried the last few weeks about it so I thought I better get it in today. Feel lost without it thou x

I know what you mean I was lost without mine when I had to take it off when I was pregnant with my eldest due to pre-eclampsia. Ive been lucky that I've managed to keep it on despite my weight gain after that over the years. I was lucky that it never cut the blood supply although it now sits in a ring sized valley and needs a twist and a tug to come over my knuckle and the flesh between it anf the knuckle. I put my engagement ring back on that finger the other day and now can't get it off again without a fight so am hopeful they will keep in place as the finger slims a bit more. Lol

Seemly it's going to take 2 weeks so I mite hav to go and buy a cheap band. It's driving me crazy nothing been there :)

Mine is getting big now too, but my engagement and eternity rings are smaller so they keep it in place. Is it expensive to get them re-sized?

I am happy to report that I have slimmed back into my wedding ring. I had to buy a second hand larger one to wear for the past year as it was cutting off my circulation and creating sores. Was delighted the other day to slip it on again :p

oh yes... my shoes are all too big now. I was amazed as I lost a stone in the first two weeks after surgery but not lost a thing this past week. Mind you, I really have to try and up the water intake as I am sure that has a lot to do with it :D

Josiegirl said:
I am happy to report that I have slimmed back into my wedding ring. I had to buy a second hand larger one to wear for the past year as it was cutting off my circulation and creating sores. Was delighted the other day to slip it on again :p

oh yes... my shoes are all too big now. I was amazed as I lost a stone in the first two weeks after surgery but not lost a thing this past week. Mind you, I really have to try and up the water intake as I am sure that has a lot to do with it :D

Havnt had the shoe problem yet. Mind you I've allways had quite a slim foot just not the rest of me lol x

Josie we all tend to get a stall after the first few weeks the body goes from wow to OMG and starvation mode it then gets used to the new regime and settles back into weight loss as we stick to the new diet.

My ring was starting to slip alot lately so took it into the jewelers today to see if they cud re size. I was gobsmacked iam 6 ring sizes smaller, never even thought about my fingers shrinking lol

Wow that's amazing:)

I remebered a few years back that i had put on so much weight that i had to have mine cut off at A&E.

:(:(:(

Josie we all tend to get a stall after the first few weeks the body goes from wow to OMG and starvation mode it then gets used to the new regime and settles back into weight loss as we stick to the new diet.

Thanks so much for that. I have to admit to getting a bit upset because I lost a stone in the first two weeks after bypass and didn't expect to stall in the third week. You have made me feel a lot better. I will keep doing the same and hope the weight loss kicks in again soon :)

Welcome Andy, nice to have you with us :)

Back