• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weekly weigh in

Well I have been off work all week and bloody miserable for it. On the positive side I've been cooking very creatively and bought an actifry as well as some salters scales for £78 all in. Then spent all the savings on various baking things!

Lol the things we do to get to that target. Hope the new gadgets help though.
Hope you're feeling better soon & back to fighting fit & your happy place.

Lol the things we do to get to that target. Hope the new gadgets help though.
Hope you're feeling better soon & back to fighting fit & your happy place.

I have always loved gadgets and cooking. It's just something I enjoy really.

Well for 3 weeks now I have been stuck at 11stone 1lb. For nearly a year I've hovered around this weight & so unless suddenly things start moving down again I think despite still being over weight & not at a healthy bmi I shall have to accept that at nearly 2yrs out I've come to a stop. Excess skin that I may never be able to afford or be brave enough to go through having removed whether I or the NHS pay I think is perhaps the only answer. Exercise & a strict focus on my eating may make a difference but I could also start to look ill & to thin & I think I'm at a point where I look & feel healthy physically even if the mental & emotional state are yet to catch up. Losing more weight won't resolve the excess stomach skin, the bingo wings & chunky thighs it may also make them look worse. I can get into most size 10's, I'm nearly 48yrs old so even if I could afford,have or were brave enough to have plastics would I feel or look any better? I'm not 25yrs old I've had 3 kids & 5 pregnancies I've abused my body in almost every way I can with food so unless the surgeon has a manic wand will I get the figure I can be happy with. Should I or can I be satisfied with my body within myself whichever path I go down?

I think thats a choice only you can make hon. Realistically some things I can live with others less and less so. And its not just about vanity, but about comfort - the loose skin can and does hurt.

Yeah I think there's a lot I need to get my head around & perhaps even learn to love myself, the further out I come on this journey I am realising that in many ways I'm almost emotionless about how well I've done yet still unimpressed with myself. Probably just as well I'm seeing a counsellor perhaps she can help me sort my head out. In my mind I've not got to my healthy weight & bmi so despite the over 8st I've lost I'm still a failure yet again. Although I think that failure as such is me self sabotaging myself as if I don't deserve to succeed or I have failed at everything else in life ( from my perspective if not others) so this is just another.

After weeks of staying the same I've just lost 0.5lbs. I am now 11st 0.5lbs yay. Off to docs on Monday to set a special goal so I can hit weight watchers gold I have maintain this weight for a year give or take the odd blip & lost almost 3lbs on top of it. The dietitian told me to stop stressing over the fact I'm 7lbs off my healthy bmi & target focus on the 8st loss & celebrate to stop telling myself I'm a failure for not losing that last 7lbs. It's certainly locked in my excess skin plus some probably. So o for it ask the gp to refer me for plastics to, shed support me & my counsellor will I hope to get my arthritis consultant who set me on this road to support that to so fingers crossed this is the next step on my path.

Done dusted signed sealed & delivered plus a referral to for plastics. New waiting game starts. Won't expect anything so I won't be as disappointed if its a no. But she listed lots of things to put forward, so who knows. Get gold badge on Wednesday evening at ww so a good start to the week. Nearly end of term & then a week at home before 18 days in the Spanish sun currently 38 degrees in the mountains. Beautiful, no stickier than it is here now as the humidity isn't as bad there as here. Plan until then try to get a natural tan rather than the bottled version I have prepared with incase we had no sun & I wouldn't look the typical pallid Brit when I arrived. Lol.

Weigh in for the first time in a month due to holiday & cancelled meetings. They'd not updated my card properly so my pressumed 1.5lb loss was actually only a 0.5lb loss but its a loss not a gain after my holiday so here's hoping that continues towards my ultimate goal (which whilst I have my ww gold card is still in the back of my mind but plastics may be the only resolution to that), but to maintain within the limits of my gold card allowance for maintainence is good.

I always record my wait on Friday. Two weeks ago I was 101.5 kg, last week 101.0 kg, this week 101.1 kg... Frustrated.

Slow & steady whilst frustrating also give your body a chance to adapt to & with luck reduce the excess skin fate a little bit. Well done on your losses keep up the great work.

Yes it is very frustrating honey, but just think - it was even more so before our ops. Half the problem, I think, is that we expect automatic losses as we've been replumbed and we're being good.

Back