• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight management

cookiejojo was it your first meeting last thursday? did you do the exercise test with Richard? If so i was in the group doing exercise next door and then asking if it was the bleep test next time!! :) Hopefully we might be able work on getting some info, and maybe i'll ask at the second appointment with dietician and psych.

OMG chuffy yes lol. We wont get any answers....dont say you go an these sites, she told me not to. Don't know why! They probably watching us!

I've got appointment with doc next in next couple of weeks and im going to ask him to contact them and get some info. Cos quite frankly its doin my head in not knowing and i've only just started. God knows how u guys cope x

Whens your 2nd appointment? How long ago was 1st?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

1st app was in january i think and the second should have been 3 months after! Haven't had second yet! I think it helps having been in from the start and i am not sure that it is beneficial people joining as and when, as you will have noticed, it leaves people with a million questions that some know the answer to and others don't. It will be interesting to see what next meeting brings, i tend to listen for the main bits and then ask questions after! Hopefully see you there next week?

I will be there. It just feels that there is no organisation. Infact she didnt even take down our names to show that we actually attended that session. The list she had she passed onto Richard. Does she actually know anyones name.....The blonde lady with walking stick who was sitting at the end said that the young dietitan was going to take us to the supermarket! I mean is that really nessesary a group of larger ladies and man standing in sainsburys being told what we should be buying. Nothing like making us stand out and probably embarress us, and more....

I think they are just checking who is there as it is changing every week. We are going to visit the supermarket but i've done it before with a programme called MEND for my daughter and actually it's fine and quite useful. They plan to split us in to two groups and it's not about telling us what to get it's about looking for altertnatives to the "norm". We do have a "session" plan so we know whats coming (if you speak to IPC they'll send it you i expect) we have different people each week and Jenny (psych), Emily (dietician) do different sessions so won't be sure who was new each week whereas Richard sees us every time so usually knows who's there. I am trying to be positive and do what they ask as then it is more likely we'll end up with surgery than if not as they have input in to the tier 4 surgery process...and that is the aim!

Ok now I am comfused. just been to doc and talked about this weight management system not that he knows alot he thinks its a bit crazy. He said they use it to filter out the people that can lose weight. So if we lose weight within this time our chances of surgery are reduced. So what the hell do you do? They told me to carry on with weight watchers had a small loss but at the same time I want the surgery. Also the psychologist said we didn't have to lose weight......

How confusing for you? My weight management clinic made it clear to me that I have to show comittment and lose 5% of my body weight to be referred back to my doctor for surgery. My first group session is on 8th July

I'm hoping Lisa that the GP may have it wrong. I thought the idea of it was to show commitment and change your thinking of food etc

I think after last weeks chat with Jenny that it IS about commitment to change. Also I revisited the PCT site and the weight management programme is the ONLY way to get surgery and so long as our BMI stays over 40 and we attend for a year we should be good to go :) I also intend to make sure I attend every week so no-one can use that as a get out!I also saw Monica this week (who you should have seen but don't think have) who said that the exercise is going up to once a week but a different location, result! I have my follow up on 12th July so will try and get more then. See you next week.

Hi Chuffy, Monica phoned me on Friday so Jenny must have mentioned that she should get intouch. She not round till first week of July. I was feeling pretty possitive after getting some answers on Thursday until doc said that. I presumed from other posts that they seam so go from whatever your bmi is at first weigh in to qualify or not. Don't know if I will be able to make the extra exercise class depends on time and place. My husband is taking half days as it is so I can attend. Hopefully you can get some more answers :)

It might be that Richard can do a different time. Let's see what happens. Saw one of the others in Tesco a couple of days ago who said exercise is going to be at k2. Did bootcamp today and it nearly did me in!

Im still doing 5 mile bike rides my bum kills after. Wheres bootcamp? Is that a day thing?

Bootcamp taster session in Horsham, bit too much for me!It's a five week course on Monday 7am and Friday 12 can go to one or other or both. I wonder what everyone else is doing in terms of food and exercise? See you Thurs. :)

Back