• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight watchers

rainbow27

Hello
I am nearly 17 months post op & have lost 5 stone. I'm still needing to loose another 3 stone. ive stayed the same for ages & upped my exercise water etc & nothing I am now away to join weight watchers on line & was wondering if anyone else has, what they think did it help them? X

Well all you can do is give it a go. Personally I hope i neverhave to go back to any where like that I cannot cope with it I always end up feeling depressed after a few months. xx

I joined ww as my application for funding went in at gp's suggestion using the free vouchers you can get from the nhs. I lost a little over 2st with them pre op another stone on the pre op diet I've continued going since my op as I use it as a regular weigh in & support group as their diet is high protein low fat low carbs as we should be eating post op, everyone knows about my op so my faster weight loss I felt could demoralise those that struggle to lose but am honest with them if I have a bad week or a stall explaining its a tool not a magic wand like them I still need to work at it especially now 14+ mths out. The fact I'm paying like everyone else until I hit a healthy bmi & weight to gain my gold card & that is a incentive to reach it. My ficus is off at the moment & I've been trying to do a maintainence diet rather than a losing diet & as whilst not at my goal the hospital aren't worried if I don't hit it having lost 93% of my excess weight in 12mths & excess skin probably is the rest, but I want to try but the mental & emotional battle are not making it easy to do, I can feel myself flipping back to old habits & so skip eating properly if I've given in & eaten the wrong things to reduce the calorie levels etc etc the old juggling of bad habits & excuses over good habits & health. I've got to beat the old & help the new win but lots of old baggage is coming out of hiding driven on by new pressures, family stresses & worries plus work stress, I will get there again but feel down & tired so perhaps I need to visit the GP to ask for help with the mental /emotional battle before I end up as depressed as my son & husband. I've been strong for them especially my son for nearly a year & I'm beginning to buckle under if I'm honest with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You will feel like that Penelope its only natural that you cannot keep giving out all tha time and getting very little back we all need to be fed literally, thats how I started back at church, I can be spiritually fed which helps ,me cope with day to day life and without my church family and my own family I wouldnt have had the strength or courage to have this life changing op. The church has got me through some bouts of depression alongside supporting family members, hubby and kids, it is very hard having to be upbeat all tha time then giving out at school all day, wears you down eventually, keep talking it does help. xx Always here for ya Penelope, you and I are so much a like it is unreal. xx

I tried Rosemary Conley for a few weeks when early post op. the diet plan food didn't fit at all in the short or long term with a bariaatric plan.

Also felt that in the group that I went to people weren't as motivated and it was more of a social gossip than dedicated weight loss.

The idea of having bariatric surgery was like visiting the devil in hell. I never told them that I'd had surgery.

The group meeting definitely weren't for me, but I tried some of the RC food which I'm still getting online as it's food that I can eat, low fat, no rubbish in it and tastes quite yummy.

I swear by WW. I lost 6½ stone pre-op, and so far, another 5 stone post-op with weekly weigh-ins. I'm not so sure the on-line WW works so well - for me the weekly meeting is vital for the support you get.

I'm just back after a 4 week break (3 weeks holiday in the US) and only gained 1lb. It was the thought of that weigh-in that spurs me on. I'd get there in the end without WW I suppose, but I think it would take a lot longer.

The same goes for any other slimming club, such as Slimming World. Just find one that has meetings at a time and place convenient to you, otherwise you'll find excuses not to go.

Good luck.

Thank you for your replies i have joined the online as it was going cheaper and i shall see how i do i feel like tracking my food will be good for me.. future perfect do you do the points plan to a T or do you just go for the weigh in and do your own diet?? cause i do think cause of the operation we dont need as much calories??
thank you

Hello just tracked all my points today on my ww and i am WELL over my allowance i am so glad i did this it is making me realise im eating to much! if anyone is interested i got it on the groupon deal for 3 months for 17 pounds x

To a certain extent don't worry re points focus on high protein & fibre low fat & carbs. Whilst points are good as a ficus it's important to remember its not quite the same as our dietary requirements so use it as a guide not a rigid stick to so you stay healthy for your pouch. The basic diet guide is a great help to help you discover foods & things that are healthy but make them fit your pouch needs not the other way round.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back