• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY?.......

Mrs Quiggle

It's stopped again, my weight I mean, week 3 no weight loss, then lost 6lb then nothing again this week. I know loads of you will say this is normal but it's really freaking me out. I keep wondering if I'm eating too much, not eating enough, not drinking enough though have upped my fluids it's just horrible not losing when you were led to believe that they weight just falls off you in the first few months.

I know I shouldn't complain because it would have taken me ages to have lost what I've lost since my op, just over one and a half stone but I do wish it would get on with it, after all I am keeping to my side of the deal. :confused:

Gosh I do sound like an ungrateful kid don't I. Sorry.:wave_cry:

Kate x

Them's the breaks, Kate lovely :) get rid of those scales for at least a month. You will get a better idea how you are losing if you are not weighing weekly 'daily :rolleyes:' It is not a uniform thing as I have found, but now just accept what is happening with a pinch of salt. So when you get on the scales after 4 weeks you feel so great to see nearly a stone gone but this could be made up of no loss for 2 weeks & 2 really good ones, but it all counts. It will come off, sweetie ... baby steps :) xxx

mine is the same Kate, weeks 1 and 2 were fab, wk 3 only 2lb, last week 6lb and now this week only 2lb again. I am like you and weighing all the time. I can't not do it though xx

i'm thinking the slower it comes off the less loose skin :) it's going to come off no doubt about it so i really don't care if it's not loads all at once :)

I know I am not long out but I don't want to get on the scales at all..... I am so worried they will show no loss and all the pain will have been for nothing.
I was told if you can do it once a month its better as you see the hole and not the ups and downs.

hey a stay in hospital works... i was on nil by mouth for a day!! kidding i wouldnt wish that on anyone... but i will say.... keep to the fluids.. the weight will come off xx

I am 5 months out now and only lose weight in 2 weeks out of every 4! Strange but thats the way I lose. It has slowed right down now :(

I am very naughty with the scales and weigh every day and have done since the op!! Sometimes twice a day (OCD?? lol)

The weight will come off when it wants to and not when you want (very piggin annoying I know!!!!) xx

Now Kate whose a naughty girl. :rotflmao: :giveup:

Get off them scales and stop worrying about your weight. Do you measure yourself as you might of lost inches not weight.

Now consider yourself told.

Now where did I put my scales lol :8855::8855:

Awwww thanks everyone, I'm going to get Tim to hide the scales. I've not weighed since Saturday so I did give myself 5 days off the scales. You're right though, I must stop weighing, I don't want to get obsessed with it all.

Kate x

Aww Kate.....:grouphugg:

Keep going hun you'll be fine :D

Take care

Andy xx

I'm suffering the same fate. I feel that mine is perhaps a bit too much festive food. But given portion sizes it shouldn't have a huge bearing... But its not shifting. Based on my mardy face and the earlier suggestion my dear OH has hidden the scales! Even if I don't lose anything this week, last year I put the thick end of a stone on, so Ia reality check is needed! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Same here Kate, flipping infuriating isn't it?? Although I know it's not the case, and of course it will shift again soon, I just keep saying to myself that even if I never lose another pound, I'm already in a much better state than I was this time last year. We will do it, we will!! We are just slowcoaches! Maybe it's natures way of giving us less loose skin in the long run (are you sensing the clutching at straws of positivity there?) xx

Awwww thanks everyone, I'm going to get Tim to hide the scales. I've not weighed since Saturday so I did give myself 5 days off the scales. You're right though, I must stop weighing, I don't want to get obsessed with it all.

Kate x

good idea tis so easy to become obsessed, i weigh every day - it doesnt really help does it !! we are gluttons for punishment :cry:

I thought it was just me being a slow loser, thought it might have something to do with the odd biscuit or 2 that I've had.
I am wishing all slow losers, especially myself, patience and maybe a bonus of a big loss during the next week - surely we all deserve it.

I am a fairly slowish loser as well its only this week ( wk 15 post op) that I have seen one of my biggest losses, I have also eaten a little bit more normal than usual.
I am putting it down to my body is now getting used to the lesser calories I am consuming and is starting to burn the fat more efficiently rather than holding into it IYKWIM.

Keep plodding on, a small loss each week adds up at the end of a month!!

Wendy x

Hi Honey, Your post has given me a lift because I'm a slow loser but looking at your progress chart I can see that I just need to be patient.
You live just down the road from me so where did you have your op?

Ur doin great Hun well dun ;) x

Hi Honey, Your post has given me a lift because I'm a slow loser but looking at your progress chart I can see that I just need to be patient.

Glad it's cheered someone up :D

I had mine at St. Georges. Couldn't go to St.Anthonys cause I had to be near a cardiac unit. Where are you then. Pm me if you don't want to tell me publicly.

Love Kate x

Hi Julie,
I had my op privately under Mr El Hassani at Chelsfeild Park. I was on his NHS list for Farnborough Hospital (Orpington)but after finding out waiting times were a bit longer than anticipated my OH paid for me to have it done as I was desperate.

Where are you based Julie?

Wendy x

Back