• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weightloss stopped

drylaw

hi there looking for advice info
I am nearly 2 years bypass surgery but I have found that my weight loss has stopped it goes up and down 2lbs each week or stays the same I have lost over 10 stone which I am pleased about but I still have at least another 5 stone to lose what did other people do to either kick start their weightloss or keep it going ?
also finding I feel hungry more /and I am eating more? and have had to cut out all the little extras that crept back in (didn't realise they had until I started keeping a diary )which I am mad at as I never thought that I would go back down that road once I had surgery
please help I don't want to ruin the great progress ive had so far

Hi hun, I think it happens to a lot of people. I went to slimming world in the end, I tried calorie counting etc, but slimming world feels like a food plan rather than a diet.

It's happened to me. Stayed pretty much the same since Xmas after losing 75kg. I still have over 6 stone to lose ideally but I think my body has gone on holiday from weightloss world!!

Yve, did you get months of no weightloss?

Yep :) even got months of overall gain. Only 2 lbs. but it happens. I wobble though I don't stay still. Wobble then drop. Around half a stone every tree to four months now.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I stopped losing weight at 16 months post op and never lost another pound! I have tried everything to get them scales moving again but nothing has worked for me.

I too still have another 2-3 stones to lose but I have lost over 10 stone so cannot complain! I am trying to accept that this is the weight my body likes and to appreciate the 'new me'.....it is very hard when others are at goal weight now when they had the same op at the same time as me.

I am convinced that the longer you have been overweight the harder it is to shift the last lot of weight. I have been obese since toddlerhood and had my op at 38 years old, so 38 years of being obese!! I can only presume that the ones who gained weight in adulthood or after children are the ones who lose the most (not necessarily keep it off tho!)

If like me you are quite happy at the overall weight loss, and you really have to look at the bigger picture when doing this, then maybe you are where your body wants to be? If you are sure you can get the rest off and can commit to a lifetime of 'dieting' then go for it!! :D I am have now been maintaining for 17 months (would love to shift that last bit of weight) but I am happy I can now maintain and not gain like I was pre WLS :) xx

I don't know Hun. I do know that healthy bmi is a bit of a crock but I don't know why some of us lose faster or longer than others.

I stopped loosing at 15 months...it's been a bit of a struggle ever since to maintain.
I've gained almost a stone and lost it again,I'm floating around 12 stone mark.
Due to my height I'm still overweight by 2 stones,but I can't seem to shift it.
I think I'm doing ok maintaining considering I'll be 4 yrs post op in sept.
And I reckon once we get decent weather again eating habits improve for me,and I'll have another shot at shifting this last bit of weight.
Don't be too hard on yourself,if your happy with your clothes size that's more important than what's on the scales?
I may be 2 stone overweight but I'm a 12/14 sometimes 10 if I'm lucky! so I can't complain x

its hard not to compare myself to others who I know who had the same surgery as me around the same time and have reached their targets ..part of me is happy with my progress but just get so frustrated that I cant lose anymore have tried keeping a diary and I can see that I had let what was once a week treat become a daily treat have stopped that but I havnt lost anything for the last 4 weeks which is very frustrating

Look at the HCG diet or 5/2 diet, see if you fancy trying those. I lost a lot of weight with the HCG diet a few years ago, but it is tough and I slipped back into old eating habits and put the lot back on ( as we have all done) Look it up on google.

Im another thinking of trying slimming world.

I've had over two months of yoyoing up and down .. but no loss if you know what I mean. Last week I was 6lb up ! Why - I've no idea... but it's all off again now.

Hoping desperately for a loss next week....

There are a few people who do, but I'm used to people judging me about it, I've become quite resilient! In most cases it's envy, some spite.

Back