• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Welcome Salski!

phatgirl

Hi - Im 2 weeks post op, and got on the scales last night. I had lost nothing! NOTHING! haha..not a sausage! I was gutted. Cried my eyes out and everything! I agree...we should all chuck out the scales! haha __________________
Sally Ann Madden - 23 years old - Manchester :D

:welcome:
to minimins, the best little support family around!

Hi hun, I met you tonight at the support group. I started this thread for you until you get it all figured out.

Nic:D

welcome to minis sal, this forum is fab and soo supportive xxxxx

Welcome Sal, you are in safe hands here..lots of support of these lovely people. Don't think I would be having my Op next week without so much knowledge now that I have gained through this site.

:welcome: Salski! Do jump in here, the water is warm and mostly calm! lol! I am 6 weeks post-bypass and have been a regular on this forum since last November. I really couldn't have trodden my journey so well without coming here and in particular, I have made some genuine friends here.

So do come in and join us! x

Hi guys!

Thank you PG for helping me out - Thank you to all for your warm welcomes! Ive really struggled with low moods the past few days, but after going to the support group last night, and joining this site, as well as some well made friends on facebook...my moods are looking up! Im off to Holland and Barrett at lunch to check out the protein shots as recommended by PG.
Its great that I have internet access at work...I wonder how long I can get away with popping on here!

Thank you again...and I will continue to search the forums and hopefully help anyone like me who has been wandering round in the dark! I feel it is my mission :D

Sally

Hi Sal welcme to mini's hopefully your Weight loss journey will be a relatively smooth one

Hi guys!

Thank you PG for helping me out - Thank you to all for your warm welcomes! Ive really struggled with low moods the past few days, but after going to the support group last night, and joining this site, as well as some well made friends on facebook...my moods are looking up! Im off to Holland and Barrett at lunch to check out the protein shots as recommended by PG.
Its great that I have internet access at work...I wonder how long I can get away with popping on here!

Thank you again...and I will continue to search the forums and hopefully help anyone like me who has been wandering round in the dark! I feel it is my mission :D

Sally

Hi Sally, so glad to see you here. These folks are brilliant. As for your low moods, it is most likely post-op blues which most people suffer to some extent. Everyone feels in a weird place after surgery. You have made positive move towards health but you don't really 'feel' well yet and you haven't seen your weight move so you feel a bit like 'what have I done to myself'. It is so normal, I felt that way and so did many, many others. Soon you'll have more energy, specifically once you are able to eat a bit more solid food and you will see the weight come off, promise! Your body still in a bit of shock and just needs time to heal. You head needs that time as well, you have done something major for yourself but you haven't seen the benefits yet which can make you feel down.

Just know that you are not alone and you have people here that have been there, felt that and now have bought the much smaller t-shirt:D:D:D.

Nic;)

Thanks guys - really thank you. Today is a positive day. My work had a lunch out at Pizza Express, and I decided to go for a drink then whilst they were eating - I would go for a walk around the shopping centre...then to my surprise they have baby food on the menu! I could stay and enjoy the conversation! It was great, and a tiny bonus to my happy day :D

hiya and welcome! the forum is a great help. i too am just over 2 weeks post banding and have found i havent yet lost a pound since having the op :( i also want to cry:( i just keep telling myself that the weight loss WILL happen soon as we know we are not putting calories into our bodies and that our bodies are just trying to sort themselves out. x

WELCOME Sal - it's true everyone is helpful and lovely here it is a good WLS forum with plenty of people at different stages so there will always be someone who can point you in the right direction.

Sal - thanks for sharing your progress (even though it's not where you'd like it to be!). I'll be going for my band in a little over a week and it's good to have an idea about where I might be. If I'm not down, I won't stress too much, because others are in the same boat and know that it will eventually go! Keep us all posted on your progress!

All the best!
Kelly

Sal - thanks for sharing your progress (even though it's not where you'd like it to be!). I'll be going for my band in a little over a week and it's good to have an idea about where I might be. If I'm not down, I won't stress too much, because others are in the same boat and know that it will eventually go! Keep us all posted on your progress!

All the best!
Kelly

Thank you to everyone that has welcomed me so warmly to this big happy family - and Kelly...Extra good luck for next week! let us all know how you've got on x

Back