• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are you telling work

I'm confused, people seem worried or embarrassed to tell people, I've told everyone I know, I'm proud that I'm doing it and the sooner my work know the better, my work have been very supportive

I am embarrassed. I have tried for ever to lose weight and maintain that, yet I can't. I see eating else in my life manage their weight, yet I can't so feel a failure.

Maybe the feeling that I will be judged by them is deep seated in how I judge people, but I don't want to be judged by my lifestyle choices again. Presently for being overweight, post op for needing surgical intervention.

Each of us if different and I am a tad envious that you feel able to tell everyone. Genuine good luck and take comfort in their support :)

I had an elective procedure before and even that was met with negativity, so I am wary. I also work with HR so am more aware. But each to their own, I may well tell them one day, but not now

I had an elective procedure before and even that was met with negativity, so I am wary. I also work with HR so am more aware. But each to their own, I may well tell them one day, but not now
hi just seen this post, that's not so good about work being negative what happened what was their response, I don't understand how work can be negative, it's madness all operations are elective in a way as you can always deny any surgery even when life threatening so dose that not make any surgery elective really, we choose if we get open heart surgery or live with heart disease for example, this is the same, our weight can cause heart disease and like the hospital or NHS say, they are pushing for folk to have wls rather than the millions it costs to treat the conditions that Coke with being overweight

I told work and they were very supportive. In fact my company is rather mean on paid sickness (only 5 days!) and to my surprise my company told me that they were happy to pay the 2 weeks off as I've had such little sickness in my 5 years. They've all been very supportive.

Family and friends - told all of them too. Only my Father has been negative (taking every opportunity to phone up with horror stories he's gleaned from Google), but I think that much of that is because he has an even bigger weight problem than I do and I think it's more about his issues with himself than his issues with me having an op.

About the only thing I haven't done is announce it on Facebook and I'm not going to bother doing that because all the people who I care about on my friends' list already know and the rest are a mottley collection of old work colleagues, friends of friends etc who I never see so it's pretty irrelevant to them...I don't want people to think I'm looking for a sympathy fest! :D

100% agree with Sundown, I told everyone at work that mattered but didn't broadcast it to everyone as I work in a large office, but its not a secret they all know now. In the end off the day if its as successful as we all hope it'll be people will notice, and you need to decide if you are comfortable lying about it when they ask, I simply wasn't I didn't see it as something to be ashamed about (probably not the right phrase, but you know what I mean).

I don't like the attention it has generated, I get embarrassed and a bit fed up that all everyone wants to talk to me about is the weight loss as it is noticeable now, nearly 10 stone (4 stone in the last 3 months since pre op diet). But after posting about it on here and getting some good advice I have learned togrin and bear it.

Back