• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can't you tolerate anymore?

BeaBea

Hi, I was just wondering what foods and drinks you cannot tolerate anymore since having your surgery. I am only a short while out but can't drink coffee at all, something which I used to love and have now found out that Slimfast is not liking me either (not that it will be a loss it is so sweet).

It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks if there is anything else I can't tolerate anymore.

I can still eat anything and everything but in smaller quantities.

However if I eat really fattie food, I end up on the loo for 1/2 hour.

I loved milky things before surgery, now milk just makes me feel sickly.... no more rice puddings

Generally it varies from day to day, I have not actually dumped on anything. Have loved fish since my op, but today the salmon made me feel sick to my stomach (or pouch).

I'm afraid at this point to test my tolerance as dumping sounds awful and I'm afraid I'll do it when alone at home with the children so avoiding anything fried, gresy, chocolaty, sweet.... generally all the good stuff I used to love.

I think you mean all the BAD stuff Zionaka :)

There is nothing i cannot eat, although my pouch is not keen on rice any longer, it likes rice pudding though :)

The chip shop smell turns my stomach now, chocolate doesn't get me into a near orgasmic frenzy any longer either....

Everything tasted really sweet after my op, coffee tasted very strong couldnt have it at first. I now have coffee but more milk and only 1 sweetner. NAS tastes really sweet, have to really water it down. Not had anything to make me dump but Ive stuck to the really low sugar/fat foods. Thats it for now :D Things might change though lol XX

Im two and a half weeks out and my pouch dosnt like tropicana which i found out today ! xx

mines gotta be cheese even just a few strands of grated cheese gives me a bad belly and runs!!!!

Chocolate and anything fatty - has diabolical toilet effects on my DS.

Cheap meat not slow cooked also gets stuck.

Pasta and rice are no-nos and I can't stand the smell of rice cooking.

Trying to get the 100 gms protein in a day means that I don't eat much in the way of carbs and fruit/veg so I try to fit some in of an evening - tomato juice goes down OK

xxx

meats that are not thinly sliced and moist, chicken in any form. Love love love satsumas though XX

I hated tea at first but am back drinking Lady Grey now; not in anything like the quantities I used to though.

I cannot tolerate white bread in any form,not even toasted. It makes me feel very sick.
I haven't had anything fried and shan't be risking it.
Everything tastes much sweeter than pre-op now too.

I cant have egg and i LOVED it pre-op. I vomited the first time i had it and now even the thought makes me queezy. I cant really stomach pasta or meat either, Im ok if the meat is fine and with gravy but not if it is on its own.

But i am LOVING fish, waaaaaaay more than i did pre-op. Infact i am munshing on a lovely bit of cod as i type. Nom nom nom :) xxxxxx

here goes lol,
chicken breast
fresh white bread
smoked fish
rice and pasta
oranges/satsumas/pineapple
stewed plums
bacon/gammon
some salad
hot chocolate
can't think of anything else at mo

My goodness Sue that's quite a list xxx

My pouch isnt too keen on rice or pasta, but neither am I lol! There is nothing I cant each - just in much smaller quantities x

Oranges give me the runs, milk is a definate no no, and green veg aint too good either, usually makes me very sick. Apart from that anything, not tried fried stuff but i wouldnt want to try that anyway !!!!

I use to love a cup of tea, know i cant drink it coffee i can drink, orange juice to strong, dare not try anything else not dumped yet being to carefull x

Back