• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do i need and what to expect

stevieb

Am currently on the nhs waiting list for a Fleur de lis tummy tuck. I was wondering what things people suggest that i need to get before such as pillows, creams to help the scars ect.

I was also wondering what to expect in the first few weeks after the operation.

Hi Stevie, I would make sure you have enough pillows to prop you up both on the sofa and in bed. Do you have recliner chairs? You may find sleeping on one easier for the first 5 or so days once out of Hosp. I slept on our 2 seater sofa with my head against once arm and my legs over the other. This did cause back ache though as has overcompensating with the tummy/holding myself. Pillows help!

I haven't yet began any creams but I've bought e45 intense recovery. My surgeon recommended just a moisturiser and actually said bio oil etc will not make a difference. I went to a Dr today and also asked her about creams and she said nothing! It'll heel alone.

I would make sure you have baggy PJs and larger underwear as I wasn't given a compression garment and found anything tight or fitted was uncomfortable/painful around my tum. X

I was also wondering what to expect in the first few weeks after the operation.[/QUOTE]

Ideally have someone around to help with cooking/meals. I ate like mad throughout week 2! Maybe stock up on healthy snacks (I had only sweets for a while...tut)

But you'll hopefully find yoh will mostly want to relax for first fortnight.

Get lots of DVDs!!

Back