• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to ask to get bypass

Maphillips

Hi I know it's going to sound silly but dont know what to ask to get a sleeve or bypass
It's a long story but will try to explain I was 32 stone and had a band fitted it brought me down to 22 stone which is great but had to have the band removed due to it slipping but I have put 4 stone back on and feel sick all the time I am seeing mr ackroyd again in jan when he took the band out said could not put a sleeve in as my bmi was to low at 33 now it's 47 but feel a failure as trying to stop eating but this sick feeling drives me mad and eating gets rid of it
Sorry to go on but really stuck and don't know we're to turn
Just don't know how to ask him as he will think I am weak willed
Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Mark just ask him if you now qualify for either the sleeve or the bypass
You are not weak willed. You have a food problem as do we all on here.
It will come as no surprise to your surgeon that you have put weight on. Thats why you had a band in the first place

I would just say to him would you be able to be considered for the sleeve or the bypass has you are putting weight on now the band is out and all your great work will be for nothing. Or what do I have to do to be considered. Hope it goes alright for you hun and he considers you for either xx

Back