• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take abroad

thanks, iv tried looking him as so far iv found he has the best rep but his site wont in english... any chance you know i would get in contact with him? x
jojo makes sure you know what you're getting for your money. Ask them if you're covered if you have to have extra days in hospital, i know some dont, I went with cosmetic bliss, as all this is covered. Good luck :) xxx

Thanks guy your info is really helpful, iv opted for the gastric sleeve, iv not long had a baby by csection so am going to sort everything now to have it done in feb.. As This is the agreement with my hubby lol!! He's not reality into be doing it but after find out how much I really way and how much it means to me , we'r meeting half way:) woohoo
Do u think it's a lil early to start contacting surgeons for info and date?? Xx

I have been advised to enquire about nausea patches - will do that and let you know

Thanks Angee, let me know what you find out. I might enquire the same of my surgeons at work before I go, though Insuspect they use the anti sickness injections

Wobbletogo said:
Thanks Angee, let me know what you find out. I might enquire the same of my surgeons at work before I go, though Insuspect they use the anti sickness injections

Well I will let you know whatever is available out there

Just googled that, did Dr H say he uses it, the only information I can find is that it's for patients on chemotherapy and is only licensed for use in the US at the moment.

I just want to wish Angee and Wannabeminime the best of luck, Ill be thinking of you and look forward to you both joining us on the losers bench!!:bestwishes:

clairyb said:
I just want to wish Angee and Wannabeminime the best of luck, Ill be thinking of you and look forward to you both joining us on the losers bench!!:bestwishes:

Oh I cannot believe it is going to happen at last

angee and wannabeminime go to Turnov

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!! Hope I get a chance to meet you all recovered and ready to go home, just as I'll be arriving in Turnov! I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts to see how you're getting on.

All the best to you too PeggySue!!

Regarding what to take... not sure if this will be necessary, but better safe than very sorry:

I am definitely taking a fast-acting laxative (e.g. Micralax by Johnson & Johnson) and a strong hemorrhoid cream (i.e. with plenty of hydrocortisone).

This might be overkill, but if it is very hot, then a small spray bottle might be nice to have. Looks like the week of Aug. 20th will be quite warm.

Put google translate on your smart phone. An eye mask so you can asleep in a bright room. Lip balm. Dry mouth spray. A towel. Moisturiser, your skin will get dry.

Just thought of a few more:
*Any recent test results that might be of interest (blood, gastroscopy, other medical reports)
*Medical healthcards or private health insurance cards.
*Copy of travel insurance documents, if you have any, and contact numbers.
*Contacts details of your doctor back home, as well as contact details of family in case of complications.

Put google translate on your smart phone. An eye mask so you can asleep in a bright room. Lip balm. Dry mouth spray. A towel. Moisturiser, your skin will get dry.
Becky! Speaking from 1st-hand experience! Will definitely take your advice!!!
How are you doing?

Back