• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do you start the pre-op diet

excitedbutnervous

Hi

I have got my surgery date of 23rd July, and the details of the pre-op diet, but have no idea when I am supposed to start it.

Haven't seen a dietician, and now worried that either my surgeon is a dodgy one (on the Spire hosptial list in UK), or they have forgotten about me, or my date will be cancelled yada yada yada (do you get the impression I am a worry guts!!) :D

So my question is, when did you get TOLD to start, and when did you actually start.

Thanks

Hi Hun :)

Welcome to the forum and wishing you all the best for your up and coming op.

What a coincidence - my sleeve op is the same day as yours!! :)

I think all hospitals have different rules and diets for people to follow. In fact, some private providers don't ask their patients to follow a pre op diet. I would ring up your provider and seek advice. They will put you right. Wishing you good luck and let us know how you get on

Take care xx

I have been asked to follow a pre op diet and in having six yogurts and a pint of milk per day. I started it early on Sunday but I was meant to start today.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Milk ... Yuk

Well done for getting started tho, I had intentions of, but just haven't managed it.

Keep me posted on how you get on

Yep - mine didnt ask me to follow a pre op diet. But my dietician has just aid I should eat healthily so I am hoping to start on Saturday properly. I was going to sort of start today but I'm sitting here with a bottle of wine..... V bad girl!

Your dietician will definitely give you advice on what to do pre and post.

Best of luck.. I'm going on on the 11th.

11th, that's next week.... Exciting. Good luck

I was told at our Bariatric session that you should do LSD diet from two weeks before op so I'm starting mine Monday for my up 21st July. I'm doing milk and yogurt diet.

At the session they said if you didn't do the LSD long enough and the liver didn't shrink enough the surgeon would no it do op even if you were opened up he would just close you up no surgery!

Also my dietician said the same in March that's at Bournemouth hospital.

Mentioned it on another post, the surgeon has advised 7-10 days, but i am starting today so hopefully it will be 3 weeks :)

Milk ... Yuk Well done for getting started tho, I had intentions of, but just haven't managed it. Keep me posted on how you get on

Thanks excuredbutnervous :) I am finding the milk and yogurt diet quite difficult as I have been feeling nauseated. I have tried varying it a bit, by trying different flavour yogurts and blending the yogurts with the milk and ice. I've also frozen the yogurt and milk but I still feel nauseated. It may be the heat is getting to me!!

I will give it a few more days and if I don't feel any better I will ring my team.

I am counting the days down!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back