• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY HAVEN'T I LOST ANY WEIGHT!!

thinkslim

Hi all
I've been on my pre op diet for 8 days and only lost 4lb???
All i've had is bloody milk and yogurt dont understand why i haven't lost more?

I did the pre op diet, and alothoug I only lost a tiny bit in weight.... I had lost quiet alot of fat and gained more muscle!!!!!!!!!

I was devasted when stood on scales, but dietician did test, and said she was more than happy with what i had done... so don't be negative keep it up

everyone is different and it may be when you go to hosp you will have lost alot more i lost 10lbs but my calorie intake befor i started was so astronomic it was bound to drop off dont be disheartend its a good start

Hi Thinkslim,

One of the most difficult problems surgeons can encounter during your Gastric Bypass or LAP-BAND surgery is an enlarged liver. This condition is common among patients and can make an otherwise simple operation much more dangerous.Dieting before surgery can significantly shrink liver size and make operations shorter and safer.

The diet is designed to be gentle on your “new” stomach, to ensure proper healing of the staple line, and to help you to avoid overeating. A normal stomach can hold approximately 6 cups of fluid at a time. After surgery your stomach pouch will only be able to handle about ½ cup!! You will be altering your eating habits quite alot.

It isnt all about loosing weight or how much weight you can/have lost as i have put above it is helping towards getting you ready for surgery.

Hope this helps .

Good luck with the operation,keep us updated,

hi
i was the same i only lost 7lb in 10days.. but my liver was a lovely size and no fat surrounding it.. so dont worry about the pounds just as long as you have reduced the fat then your liver should be fine..
emma

Ditto to everything that has already been said... :)

Don't lose heart, keep up the fab pre-op diet and you will soon be on the losing side ;) :D

x

thanks all

i am now on the losing side!! yippee!! Came home from hospital yesterday quite sore and very full of wind!! But feel very positive as i ended up losing a stone on pre op diet.

Pleased to hear yr back home. hope everything went ok. wel done on the pre op loss. heres to many more losses.
HC

Great news :D well done on the stone off (the first of many!) and here's to a great recovery :D

Back