• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why have i only lost ONE bl**dy lb ???

Starvation Mode is a total myth, it's just your body adapting to change, I never saw a POW go into Starvation Mode when they where starved everyday, it just doesn't happen.

You eat 500 - 700 calories lower than your maintenance and you workout 3 times a week (not walking, a proper jog), you eat the right foods, you limit carb intake and sugar intake, and you will lose weight.

im sorry but your advice in this matter is totally unreasonable for me to act on...for a start i have (less than 3weeks ago) had major weightloss surgery...a gastric bypass, and as for the limiting calories, carbs, sugar etc...i am lucky if i get 500 cals a day at the moment as my new stomach adjusts. and jogging...are you having a fecking laugh??? i am lucky to manage a mile walking (not even at my normal pace) around the block. if you must offer advice please make sure it is appropriate for the person/thread. I am glad i did not read your advice yesterday when i was already feeling low and doubting myself.

Ooooo fight fight fight.. lol. This thread has cheered me up, thanks guys. As for you wosit wotwot, make sure you know who your chopsin' off to before you engage your typing finger pal!!!!!

Oh oops, my bad, I didnt realize I was in the surgical bit. :)

And I'm not a troll, search Sammy El-Tawil in Google and you'll find my transformation weightloss on teenbodybuilding.com.

hopefully all here will accept yr appology but check where yr posting. surgical weight loss isnt an easy option its the last resort for thoes who have tried and not been sucessful at other weight loss options.
thanks
hc

Oh oops, my bad, I didnt realize I was in the surgical bit. :)

And I'm not a troll, search Sammy El-Tawil in Google and you'll find my transformation weightloss on teenbodybuilding.com.

Hi Wotwot

If you understand how body builders loss excess body fat, you will understand the term 'zigzag' dieting - I.E 4 days of low carb low calorie dieting coupled with weight work outs, then followed by 1 day of increased carb intake, this tricks the body into avoiding famine (or starvation) mode, its a known fact in the body building world, constant dieting coupled with physical exercise will make your metabolism shut down preventing muscle lose and you wont lose fat !

For bypassers its important to maintain your calorific intake daily, remember bypassers will malabsorb 40% of the calories that go in, the average body needs at least 1200 calories a day just to function, thats heart, lungs, brain etc.

Starvation mode is a proven fact, any sensable Google search will turn up a myride of different papers written by qualified people from both the medical proffesion and the diet industy !

Wow, this thread bought back memories from when I first joined this forum, there was a chatroom attached and I went in one day and some guy started to read me the riot act. He scared me off right away. I didn't come back until recently because of it. As you can see from the gap between my joining date and the number of posts I have made lol.

Thankfully most people seem compassionate and supportive :)

Back