• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why no fizzy drinks after band

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I find the advice & support from Liz invaluable & anyone looking at her photo's will see how well she has done.
Iagree.gif

This is first time I have read anyone being negative on this forum & I find it disheartening!! I get a lot of people judging me as a fat lass & love this forum for the upbeat, encouraging threads.
Iagree.gif

I asked him about it as I had a wedding and wanted to know if I could enjoy a little champagne to toast with.

It's an exception circumstance, I don't think that a surgeon is going to flat out deny you a toast at a wedding because - let's face it - the majority of people are just going to ignore a "no" anyway.

I do know that "what would you do if it was your daughter's birthday and she wanted you to have a slice of cake" is a favourite question by psychologists pre-op to assess willingness to change. The wrong answer here is likely to get you more sessions with them. Yes, I'm aware that not everyone is going to have been asked this question as it's going to be BITE score dependant in the same way that not everyone gets a sleep apneoa test if they don't have a fat enough neck or have a sufficient low enough score on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale.

I see a big difference between a glass of champagne infrequently and shotgunning Coke like it's going out of fashion. I absolutely stand by my earlier comments, if people aren't prepared to follow the advice of their dieticians and bariatric nurses then they shouldn't undergo surgery.

At the end of the day, everyone on here can do as they please and disregard the advice of their health care professionals as it won't directly effect me other than by increasing waiting times that more deserving cases could have used. I want my surgery to be success so will be following that they say religiously. Other hospitals advice may be different but I'm not having my surgery there so it's irrelevant.

Regards, Ade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back