• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

will losing weight before next appointment screw with chances of surgery?

rachaelh

i might have posted this twice so apologies in advance...

hi all, when i last went to sunderland royal in feb (before the whole fluff up with the pre op assessment thing), it was 3 weeks after i gave birth and i weighed exactly the same as i did in july 09 when i went to the group consultation, now the dietician who saw me told me to "try and lose 7lb" before my next appointment which would probably be end of august, so trying to be a good girl i rejoined weight watchers again once i'd had my 6 week post natal check up. My BMI started at about 52 ish and is now just under 45 i think, and i'm a little worried that they might turn round and say i've lost too much weight (i've done this weight watchers thing before many times, always lose 4 stone then start putting back on again with a vengence), especially as my appointment is now for june 7th so i should have lost around 60lb by then in 5 months (which don't get me wrong i know is great but will it screw things up?) last thing i want is to be turned down for doing well, question is do i start now on the ben and jerrys?? lol

sorry i'm rambling, but only just noticed my bmi when i made another post and now i'm freaking out!

Well done with the weight loss x
Your BMI is still in the high range so I wouldn't worry.
We are all expected to lost weight to prove we can! and that we are serious about it x it also helps helps prepare our bodies for surgery too
CHILL XOX
Shells
x

I cannot see that it would be a problem at all! Most of the people who have wls are 'serial dieters' who can lose weight, but not maintain that loss. They will know your track record. So, well done on the weight loss! Good luck xx

Sunderland see this is a positive thing and will be really pleased that your making an effort. they see it as a good achievement before surgery as it makes the op safer for you the more you can lose before hand, they will not punish you for this but praise you for it x

I agree with the others it will be seen as a positive thing.

If you feel you need to explain your weight loss, you can say that you have naturally lost a little after the birth of your baby and all the running around you are having to do looking after a little one, and also with the promise of surgery ahead you have found it a little easier to keep up the weight loss momentum, but that maintaining has always been the hard thing for you.

Congratulations on losing such a large amount pre-surgery.

thanks everyone, i'm just paranoid that something is bound to go wrong, as it usually does for me but hey ho, 2 weeks and counting from tomorrow until i see mr small so fingers and toes remaining crossed till then!

Congratulations on your weight loss and also the birth of your baby.. Good luck with your appt xx

im hoping this doesnt happen to you but i was turned down by sunderland coz my starting bmi was 49 and not over 50.
i really hope all goes well with the appointment its not like you have gone from 52 to 32. they should take into account your original bmi ad they do ask you to lose a little weight before hand anyway.
sorry if i've made you worry even more this process is very stressful as we all know

Back