• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WIND Relief question..HAVING OP in over a WEEK!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi all,

a quick question for bypassers,Ive read on forum some people take wind relief meds after having bypass.
Can someone tell me what this means ?
does having a bypass mean you get a lot of wind pains after and how long ?
and whether I will need to buy something to take to hospital or for when I get home.,
and if anyone had needed wind relief meds what is best to buy in..Im getting more nervous for my operation now!!

thanks to everyone xx

Emma-louise, I had wind pain for the first 2 days after the op. The nurse gave me peppermint water and said it could be made up in your pharmacy, she also gave me Twinnings peppermint tea. I bought a box and havn't used them yet (fingers crossed I won't have to).
Havn't had any wind pain since then but boy am I burping like crazy - something I rarely did before.
Good luck when your time comes around.

hey hun ive heard peeps taking peppermint cordial toooo good luck with the up coming op! :) xxx

By far the best thing to relieve wind pain is keep moving, Just a little waddle around really helps. Helps with fighting off DVTs and the like too.

I tried Windeze chewable and Deflatine. I have to say the deflatine with walking around helps shift the pain....

This has made me chuckle :8855: as i have spent a small fortune on loads of different wind remedies thinking it went on for months but hopefully it won't :D

I bought stuff in with me but couldn't take it as it made me feel sick. Just walking around finally shifted it. Was quite amusing though...went it finally went my tummy went down so much my pyjama bottoms feel down!

Charis (I think lol) swore by Deflatine so I've bought some of that.

LOL Karen, I am STILL swearing by Deflatine! :D
It is a wonder-drug! I tablet chewed and 5 minutes later I'm pumping and belching (dependant on where the wind is trapped!) and the pain is relieved. I'm coming up for 5 weeks post-op and just bought my second box as I still need it!
I'm not sure if you're allowed to take your own in hospital: I was given peppermint capsules in hospital and to bring home, but after a nasty episode of one getting stuck I have avoided the little blighters!

Back