• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLSurgery

I had a gastric band fitted, I was very lucky as I didn't suffer with any wind pain so after surgery I was tender but it was bearable, I had day surgery I didn't go down till 3.30pm as I was last on the list and I was back home by 7pm. The hardest thing after surgery was the boredom as my GP signed me off work for 4 weeks due to having a heavy lifting job. I was like you nervous and excited and everything went through my mind but once the day of surgery and I got to the hospital I relaxed and I was fine. My daughter is 13 so she was able to look after herself I didn't have to worry about small children. What surgery are you having? x

Aww I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you. I'm having a sleeve as far as I'm aware, I'm waiting on my pre-op to confirm tho. Dr Thomas seemed to think it would be best for me. Ah I only work in a local shop so shouldn't be off work too long...hopefully x

Aww I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you. I'm having a sleeve as far as I'm aware, I'm waiting on my pre-op to confirm tho. Dr Thomas seemed to think it would be best for me. Ah I only work in a local shop so shouldn't be off work too long...hopefully x

Hopefully you won't be waiting that long for your pre op, I personally believe if I still lived in barrow I don't think I would of been offered surgery on the NHS. Not wls related but is Kendal shoe factory still open? I asked my mam and she thought it didn't do cheap Clark shoes anymore, I'm up in barrow end of the month and was planning to take my daughter there for school shoes. I used to spend a lot of time in Kendal as my best mate moved there when we were teenagers many moons ago she's in milnthorpe now x

hi I just wanted to know if anyone has had surgery is waiting to have surgery at the aintree hospital I'm going for my 4 hours appointment on the 28th just a bit anxious then apparently u have to wait another 4-6 weeks for the surgery that bit is really annoying already it been over 15 months of waiting now more.... Plus u have to do the liver reduction diet did anyone find it hard are their any tips please.....

Hi Zara

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait from being approved for surgery until you got your date for pre-op appointment? Xx

Back