• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Womens question - a bit personal....

Andrea73

Sorry for this peeps but didn't know who else to ask. Since I've had my bypass on 17 October, I have had a brown discharge and sometimes a bleed. Each time I think my period is gonna start but then nothing. I've even had crampy pains and then nothing.

Has anyone else had this and any ideas what I should do about it??

Sorry hun - Ive not had this and not sure what it is, however someone will be along soon to help. You can always call NHS direct or your GP.

GL Sally x

I havent had this Andrea, but I know from others experiences it can take a while for your cycle to settle down after surgery - even if it was completely normal before.

I'd say its probably nothing to worry about, but if it continues for too long, might just be worth mentioning to your GP.

Andrea, I had my bypass 7 days ago today and I have had the same thing for days, sometimes it is enough to use a tampon and then a couple of hours later it is a brown discharge. I wouldnt say I have had cramps but there is a definate feeling of it could be a period coming.
Saying that though I had the same thing the night before the op and some period pains and I havent had a period for about seven months before that. Bearing in mind I had just done the two week pre op diet and lost a nice amount so I am taking it that my body is noticing the difference and having some effect on my hormones but because our bodies are technically in a state of flux it doesnt know quite what to do yet.
Im pretty sure we'll both get it sorted soon, our poor bodies just need to work out what is what.
Good luck hon xx
Steph xx

I have exactly what you describe. I had my surgery 8/9 weeks ago and that has happened about 3 or 4 times. I keep thinking i am coming on but then it goes away. I think it is to do with weight loss as I had the same thing when I was on CD.

Hope yours doesn't get any worse.

Rx

Well I think mine have packed there bags and gone!! lol I had my Op date 10th July, 1st period in Aug (that was normal) then nowt:eek::eek: at all, its now November and still nothing. Ime wandering if this has something to do with my weight loss slowing down perhaps?????

Back