• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Word of Warning!!

Paul I would've been in the same boat as you if I hadn't dieted like crazy in the last 5 weeks pre-surgery. Go for it now mate, and argue the point at your next appointment.

OMG Paul...so the man is true to his words!

I saw Mr Schroeder on the day of my band removal and we discussed bypass...his final words to me were 'if you have put any weight on by the time I next see you, I'll just send you away and tell you to lose it again!' needless to say, I've gained at least 10lb so need to get cracking before 13th October when I see them again.

I feel gutted for you, what a kick in the teeth! :wave_cry:

OMG!!!!! i got my phone call yesterday to say got my op 27th September and 1st pre op 10th September. I havent been told anything about this - so huge thanks to you for letting me know - am now hitting the pre- pre - pre op diet.

take care
x

OMG Paul...so the man is true to his words!

I saw Mr Schroeder on the day of my band removal and we discussed bypass...his final words to me were 'if you have put any weight on by the time I next see you, I'll just send you away and tell you to lose it again!' needless to say, I've gained at least 10lb so need to get cracking before 13th October when I see them again.

I feel gutted for you, what a kick in the teeth! :wave_cry:
At least you got the warning! I have never ever met the bloke. Mr Small certainly never mentioned anything like that, nor the dieticians or the nurse! To be fair, it is printed in the booklet you get initially, so once again, no excuses from me. Just made me more determined. Paul xx

OMG!!!!! i got my phone call yesterday to say got my op 27th September and 1st pre op 10th September. I havent been told anything about this - so huge thanks to you for letting me know - am now hitting the pre- pre - pre op diet.

take care
x

Don't worry, this isn't the case at Macclesfield. I put weight on between my first appointment and the pre-op, and there were no comments made. Just don't go crazy :)

I am lost for words, for once!!!

If we could lose weight & keep it off then we wouldnt be putting ourselves thru this!!!
Paul, like you I've had to wait longer for my op due to the increase in the waiting list! This is diabolical!! I'm gutted for you.

Good luck with ur appointment in 2 weeks. There seems to be no continuity or consistency at SRH. In my opinion its a case of "if your face fits"!! We are fighting to have our bypasses yet I work with a lass who had 3 failed band's due to her over eating & is now waiting for a bypass!! How does that work?

Take care

At least you got the warning! I have never ever met the bloke. Mr Small certainly never mentioned anything like that, nor the dieticians or the nurse! To be fair, it is printed in the booklet you get initially, so once again, no excuses from me. Just made me more determined. Paul xx

Paul, I'm the sameas you mate!
If I hadn't insisted on going to the group seminar (a month after being put on the waiting list) I wouldn't have known either.
It certainly wasn't mentioned at either of my 2 appointments before that (one with Mr Balapuri, one with Mr Small, and also when I saw the dietician) and I only got the leaflet with it in at the seminar! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I was frankly horrified at that point!

When I spoke to Mr Schroeder's secretary to get my date, and voiced my worries as I "may have re-gained a little weight!" (I said) she told me straight: he would cancel if I'd regained weight!

It fels very, very unfair. It needs to be made CRYSTAL CLEAR if this is SRH's policy: from the outset.

SRH really, REALLY need to get their act together in terms of communication.

Keep going Paul and so glad it has made you feel more determined... hoping for a positive outcome very soon for you xxx

Oh im so sorry hun.
Just try to remain positive and fight all the way.

Like other people are saying, if we could lose weight and maintain we wouldnt be going down this route.
Its just so wrong. xxx

Back