• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 weeks post bypass - doing great!!

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
It's 10 weeks ago today I had my bypass - can't believe how well I've done so far (pat myself on back).

Started 2 week pre-op diet weighing 20st 6lb, now weigh 16.3!:D

Have had no major issues, only dumped once, (didn't dilute juice enough), can eat pretty much whatever i fancy, never been sick.

Only downsides - after eating it feels like saliva bubbling up from stomach but usually passes after 20 mins or so, and not being able to eat and drink at same time when out socially.

If anybody asked my opinion on whether to go for a bypass the answer would be a resounding yes!!!

Thanks to all you wonderful people on here for advice and encouragement, so many of you are truly inspirational

Hi Carrieb, your post could not have come at a better time. Thanks for reminding me that things will improve. A bit crabby and sore at the moment. You have done so well, and your optimism shines through, congratulations x

Whhhooooop gooo carrieb :d i am two weeks a head of you 12 weeks post op and feeling pretty good, weight loss has slowed down a bit but im told to expect that. Good luck with ur journey bet u look a million dollars xxxx

Well done, sounds like you are doing great. The saliva thing is called frothing and quite common after a bypass. You will find it come less and less as time goes on. I had it really bad but don't get it any more. Watch how fast you eat as sometimes that can make it worse.

Watch how fast you eat as sometimes that can make it worse.

Glad you told me that - I do still eat too quickly - I shall work on that, thanks x

Wow, over 4 stone down, very well done. You truly deserve that pat on the back! Keep us updated on your progress.

Jen x

Back