• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1week post op

Bulldog27

Hi everyone.I have actually joined this forum on behalf of my hubby.Had gastric bypass on Monday 25th Sept 2017 so very early days,does anyone have any good tips or advice regarding protein drinks,exercise,just general good advice towards getting on the road to recovery.

Hi just wanted to say welcome....to you both. Unfortunately I’m not that far yet but there is heaps of advice on here

Hi @Bulldog27 and welcome!

Best advice is to follow your teams advice and guidance, each team is different so you need to stick with their advice. Don't rush the stages - stick with liquids then purée etc for the times they give you. Keep protein and liquid levels up - add grated cheese or milk powder to food to increase protein content. Rest rest rest to allow healing on the inside - outside you may look ok but it is major op inside!

Don't exercise too soon and take it easy.

Don't stress on weirder/scales too much - look at clothes and body size/shape instead. Don't worry about stalls.

If psychological help available then take it - therapy has been the most important part of my journey - being able to use mindfulness and control has really helped me.

Good luck!

I think Hannah is right. No stressing over scales. I am not intending to get on them and go purely by clothes and how they fit!

Hi everyone.I have actually joined this forum on behalf of my hubby.Had gastric bypass on Monday 25th Sept 2017 so very early days,does anyone have any good tips or advice regarding protein drinks,exercise,just general good advice towards getting on the road to recovery.
Just do what your team has said and contact them if you have any concerns xx

Back