• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 bands Liz - how did you cope

Mynewlife

Hiya Liz

I just wondered how you coped between band 1 failing and band 2 being fitted? How long was it, and do you remember how much you gained between the two episodes??
I had my band deflated three weeks ago, the NHS had over tightened it in November and I got quite ill. I have gained about 10 pounds in three weeks :cry: and I am so depressed, it is a huge set back, and I need some of your wonderful wisdom on how I can get through this with my sanity intact. I am calling the NHS everyday, some days 2 or 3 times trying to get put through as an urgent fill....I feel such a crap failure and this is a huge setback...any help Liz??
Thanks

MNL:8855::8855:

Hiya Liz

I just wondered how you coped between band 1 failing and band 2 being fitted? How long was it, and do you remember how much you gained between the two episodes??
I had my band deflated three weeks ago, the NHS had over tightened it in November and I got quite ill. I have gained about 10 pounds in three weeks :cry: and I am so depressed, it is a huge set back, and I need some of your wonderful wisdom on how I can get through this with my sanity intact. I am calling the NHS everyday, some days 2 or 3 times trying to get put through as an urgent fill....I feel such a crap failure and this is a huge setback...any help Liz??
Thanks

MNL:8855::8855:

Hi MNL i sort of feel bad in a way when i advised you to get a de fill as i sort of suspected that this would possibly happen with the weight regain but at that point in time your band was in my personal opinion dangerously tight and Wendy agreed when you seen her. The restriction needs to be just right not to tight and not too slack, your sore swollen pouch will now be recovered and eating habbits resumed, you now have to use your will power until you can get a in fill again, but this time explain that the last infill was too much and made you very ill and hopefully they can get the fill level more correct at the next attempt.

my 1st band was failing over a period of 12 months and gradually the leaks got worse i regained 2 stone in that year, after band no2 was fitted i re lost that plus more, i myself am struggling also at the moment just as you are as i desperatly need a infill right now and ive regained yet again 1st, ive went from having perfect restriction to nothing just like that i have a clinic appointment next monday and i will be having a in fill then and we shall see how long that lasts fingers crossed that this isnt the start of what happened to me the 1st time.

All you can do is keep pestering for a fill appointment and try to stay focused till the fill happens, try to make correct food choices such as dryer dense foods for now as they will be more satisying, good luck hun let me know how you get on i totally undertand and sympathise with how your feeling right now as my situation is very similar to yours right now xxxx

Thank you Liz
I wish I could get my willpower under control until the band fill was sorted, but my depression about the situation appears to be overwhelming the will power and I am in that viscious cycle at the moment. I have preliminarily booked a private fill, which is February 22nd, but am also still harrassing the NHS. I finally had a phone call today, to respond to my phone calls, but still have not been given a date by the NHS as to when they might be able to arrange the fill. They are meant to call me back tomorrow once they track down the radiologist who does the fills.

I got a feeling that they will drag their feet just enough to the point that I will have to pay, yet again for the private option. If this happens, I will report them to my pct, as my pct is funding this with a different county's pct, and they might not be too happy about how I am being treated, and the delays. Will keep you informed, thanks once again, hope your appointment goes well. take care.

MNL:wave_cry:

Back