• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 new dresses in the sale

Cicca

From two shops I only dreamed of buying from; Monsoon and Laura Ashley!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-3383844918.jpg
    image-3383844918.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2255151449.jpg
    image-2255151449.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 150
You look fab! I love monsoon too, they have lovely dresses :)

I'm waiting til i can shop back in next as i love that shop but not quite there yet. Well done

Lovely Cicca :) I walked through debenhams today and actually looked at the clothes as I passed through... I never dared before, what was the point as I never dreamed that one day maybe :D

Last edited:
In January sales this year I got some size 10 knitted dresses & longline card is for £5 each it was brilliant. Got a few lovely dresses & trousers in a size 10 last month in monsoon along with a size 8 coat/ longline jacket in monsoons outlet in Clarks village for over £300 less than the normal retail prices its great buying from the small end of the rails again.

In January sales this year I got some size 10 knitted dresses & longline card is for £5 each it was brilliant. Got a few lovely dresses & trousers in a size 10 last month in monsoon along with a size 8 coat/ longline jacket in monsoons outlet in Clarks village for over £300 less than the normal retail prices its great buying from the small end of the rails again.

Ohh perchance to dream ... Will that be me next year? :drool:

I'm sure it will be. I must admit its great to be that end although you have to be quick cos every other buffers there to, but better than sod all at the bigger end or stuff only your granny would wear.

Well I managed to get some kurt Geiger cowboy boots in the sale!
And they fit my smaller tree trunk legs..lol
I'd never dream of ever wearing boots like these they are stunning! Real leather with red hearts and an eagle..All I need now is a nice booty to wear shorts...Now that's definitely not going to happen ever!

Never say never Emma Louise, I used to have my own personal rear parcel shelf or bussell surprisingly that was one of the first things to go now I go straight down at the back.
I agree that its great getting into standard boots & doing them up not needing wide leg fittings. Brought some cheap ones this time last year now ready to treat myself some decent leather ones that will last. Plan to head to my mums next week & see what I can get in the Clarks village outlet store.

I'm 14/16 and proud! If I ever got to a size 10 I'll be 3 months dead!! Ive come down from a size 34/36.

But well done you!

Never say never Emma Louise, I used to have my own personal rear parcel shelf or bussell surprisingly that was one of the first things to go now I go straight down at the back.
I agree that its great getting into standard boots & doing them up not needing wide leg fittings. Brought some cheap ones this time last year now ready to treat myself some decent leather ones that will last. Plan to head to my mums next week & see what I can get in the Clarks village outlet store.

I bought some clarks boots in wide when I started loosing weight after my op,I had to sell them new and unworn as they was massive on my legs,when I went to wear them the other week.
It was a nice shock! X

Dresses look absolutely great I love Monsoon and am never without one of their skirts about my person.

M

Cicca, you look fab in those dresses :) Can I ask, do you think that you carry the weight differently? I honestly don't think you look like a 14/16 in any of your pics - you really do look smaller. I ask because a couple of people have said lately that they can't believe I'm 19 stone - I don't look it says they (I'm pretty sure I still look 19 stone lol)

Cicca, you look fab in those dresses :) Can I ask, do you think that you carry the weight differently? I honestly don't think you look like a 14/16 in any of your pics - you really do look smaller. I ask because a couple of people have said lately that they can't believe I'm 19 stone - I don't look it says they (I'm pretty sure I still look 19 stone lol)

Well! I have a rather large bottom and there is a large amount of skin, round my arms and legs. Contrary to how I used to think i have a very small frame and so I would be tiny had I not been overweight. I think I'd have easily been a size 8, I'm only 5ft 2.

I wear clothes to flatter my frame, not too tight. A-line, bright to take away from my shape.

So the reply is I get told I look smaller than 14/16 but then no one would have guessed I once weighed 30 + stone. Drs, nurses and family used to be shocked when the scales showed us the truth of how big I'd gotten.

Happy to answer any time Yvessa. I love you in those dresses you bought, I bet you wanted to scream out in joy as you tried them on!

xx.

Well! I have a rather large bottom and there is a large amount of skin, round my arms and legs. Contrary to how I used to think i have a very small frame and so I would be tiny had I not been overweight. I think I'd have easily been a size 8, I'm only 5ft 2.

I wear clothes to flatter my frame, not too tight. A-line, bright to take away from my shape.

So the reply is I get told I look smaller than 14/16 but then no one would have guessed I once weighed 30 + stone. Drs, nurses and family used to be shocked when the scales showed us the truth of how big I'd gotten.

Happy to answer any time Yvessa. I love you in those dresses you bought, I bet you wanted to scream out in joy as you tried them on!

xx.

That makes a lot of sense! I think we are so used to making the best of ourselves that now we are slimmer we do it automatically. Also I agree that no one could believe I'd really gotten to 30 stone.

Thank you - I was so amazed when I put them on. I couldn't believe how small they made me look!

No clothes purchasing for me anymore! Which is good really as I have masses of the stuff - lots unworn :/ Enjoy your new smaller clothes people and hope to join you one day :) x

Go for something brighter than plain black it can easily brighten the mood & the wardrobe. I'm getting to the point where I have enough of new things I need to lose this last stone shrink out of them before I buy anymore.

Back