• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd appointment - what to expect???

Meggie

I have my 2nd appointment on Monday, the first one with the consultant after the group meeting. Just wondering if anyone knew what to expect during this meeting???? I'm going to the Whittington!

Thanks

he will explain your operation to you, and you may fall lucky and possibly get your date. I did!!!! :D:D:D Gail.x

WOw did you?! God that would be amazing obviously not going to get my hopes up! How long was it between referral and op? Where did you go?

Hi meggie, i went my g.p on 8th april 09, Mr New @the obesity clinic Salford royal 24th april, funding passed on the 13th May, sleep apnea 19th May, bariatric nurse 30th june where I was given my surgery date of the 10th July(I was put on my liver shrinking diet the next day), an appointment with Mr ammori on the 8th July, Then it was D.Day the 10th of July @ the Spire In manchester. So far I have lost 46Lb and now weigh 14stone & 12Lb I need to lose 75Lb to hit my goal. I am 8 weeks post op at present and I am losing approx 2Lb/3Lb per week and eating sensible and healthy. I hope this mini journey helps you along. Kind regards Gail;)
WOw did you?! God that would be amazing obviously not going to get my hopes up! How long was it between referral and op? Where did you go?

Hi meggie, i went my g.p on 8th april 09, Mr New @the obesity clinic Salford royal 24th april, funding passed on the 13th May, sleep apnea 19th May, bariatric nurse 30th june where I was given my surgery date of the 10th July(I was put on my liver shrinking diet the next day), an appointment with Mr ammori on the 8th July, Then it was D.Day the 10th of July @ the Spire In manchester. So far I have lost 46Lb and now weigh 14stone & 12Lb I need to lose 75Lb to hit my goal. I am 8 weeks post op at present and I am losing approx 2Lb/3Lb per week and eating sensible and healthy. I hope this mini journey helps you along. Kind regards Gail;)

That is very good to know. I think the process for the whit is slightly different as mr Heath will tell me who he is referring me to on Monday and then we'll have another appointment once all of the results are in. If all is well then we'll be put on the waiting list after that point! I just don't know what they actually do during the 2nd appointment, other than grill me and tell me about the op!

Where are all of the post-op whit people?!?!?! Any advice/information will be much appreciated!!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im not sure what you will encounter but just wanted to wish you good luck!!

:) xxxxx

At my hospital, your first appointment with a consultant isn't a surgeon. The consultant is a member of the weight management team and he/she discusses your eating habits and how you got to this point. Mine wouldn't even discuss surgery until my next appointment in 3 months time. I was asked to focus on being more healthy and exercising daily.

At my next appointment with the consultant (again not the surgeon) I was asked to lose a further 10% of my weight on that day and then possibly I would be referred onto the surgeon.

Mornin Ellen only 22 hrs and 2 mins :):) till ur app xx
Am really excited for ya hun and cant wait till you call me when u come out, i will be sitting and waiting for all the info.
Will text ya later on, have a good day hun and try and get some sleep tonight xxxx

Thanks all!! I have bored my friend to tears with info about the op!! Poor Naomi!! Feel quite relaxed now!! Thank god for good friends eh (that includes all of you lovely people)!!!

Back