• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd Op Anniversary today.

samsmum

Just thought I would do a little update.

Today it is 2 years since Mr Roger Ackroyd gave me a rny bypass. Although all has gone well it has been by no means easy. When I went for my referral to the GP my weight was 18st 5lbs. By the time I went to see Mr A I had lost a bit and was 15st 7lb. Now 2 years later I am 8st 1lb! I have managed to maintain (dipped a bit lower but advised to increase my weight a little) for 1 years and 4 months which is something I never managed before. My weight is not static and over the month does move by about 3lbs either way.

Life is now very different to pre op. I think about my food as in what is good for me and not how much I can have. I do have to plan my food now but it is a lot better than not thinking and ending up twice the size. I have found that the amount I can eat has gone up every so often as I get further out from my op which seems to be at the same times as my friends that have had the op.

I have some issues with my skin on my stomach and upper inner thighs but this is nothing compared to the back, knee and foot pain I had at my heaviest. At present my GP will not refer me for a tummy tuck. I also now manage to stay awake all day which I never did before.

I am now working at and hoping to maintain my loss for many years to come. Anyone thinking about having surgery, please go and ask to talk to a surgical team and see if it is for you as it was life changing for me in a great way.

:)Lots of great news there Samsmum:)
Well done on your 147lb lossxxx

You're an inspiration ! Thanks for sharing. My op's quite close now and stories like yours help the dash the doubts and remind me what a good opportunity I've been given.

Great update!! It's always interesting getting peoples experiences on here!!

Many thanks for your inspirational post and congratulations x x

thanks for sharing as my biggest fear is regaining weight in the years to come, but as you say we have to work with what we have been given its not a cure just an aid xxx

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Liggielass - I live in fear of regain and even though my weight goes up by a couple of pounds (and back down) over the course of a month I find it hard to deal with. If I feel I am a pound heavier than I should be I watch my diet more for a few days and go back to the high protein/low carb eating style and the excess weight goes.
x

thanks for that, i suppose if we follow the original rules, as you say high protien low carb we should be fine, but we are human and as long as we know how to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow with a little bit of work we should be fine, you seem to have it just right, take care xx

Back