• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op am i pushing myself too much??

charlie_pops

ill be 3 weeks post op on monday, my current diet is

breakfast: half a weetabix and milk

then ill get about 500 mls water in

lunch: oxo cube

another 500ml bottle water

tea: about 5/6 spoonfulls of mash/cottage pie/spag bol pureed

then another 500mls water

if still hungry then ill have a cheese triangle/small yoghurt/jelly pot

ive also been able to eat fridge raiders and dairylea dunkers if i chew them up really well to mush.

dumped on tomato soup,fruit juice and marrowfat peas ( mushed up)

am i eating to much?? or pushing it by trying the dunkers?

hi, i just clicked on your thread as i was intrested to see what im going to be able to eat in the next few weeks. it does seem alot but if u are only having an oxo cube for dinner, seems like your just making up for this at tea time. The diet iv been given post op is less then that but all areas are different, give your dietitian a bell hun x

That sounds ok, I dumped on soup and it really put me off it.

As long as you are not in pain and you take it slowly you'll be fine.

Ditch the fridge raiders and dairylea dunkers for a good few weeks yet - are you meant to be on puree/mash? your pouch will be really swollen so you won't feel how full you feel for a few weeks yet. Try not to push it, the other stuff sounds good though. Tomato soup, and non watered down fruit juices are all too high in sugar if you dump easily. Try to aim for less the 5g's per 100g's until you know more about your new body. You can try watering down juice to at least 50/50 and weight watchers tomato soup is a lot less sugar than regular heinz etc. Definitely give your dietician a ring for extra tips and things to avoid in the early days. Good luck x

Last edited:
marrow fat peas can make u dump????? i was planning to puree them for a meal idea.. grrrr

marrow fat peas can make u dump????? i was planning to puree them for a meal idea.. grrrr

They might not make you at all, everyone is different. I've never dumped so far but I am careful. You would be better mixing a little with some kind of meat or meat equivalent, that will balance it out. Tofu or mince is good to puree, mixed with some veg and some gravy to moisten it :)

Can't beat pureed sunday lunch has all the veg you need with meat as well just what you need n gravy to keep it all thin n smooth it is more tasty than it looks, I even had a bit of stuffing in with chicken n apple sauce with pork. Different tastes n flavours really come out afterwards. There will be time for dunkers n fridge raiders whenyou nget bfurther down the line handy to take to work or if going out for the day. xx keep it healthy, protein, veg, fruit, carbs to 2 portions a day then 2 -3 as you get further out.

The fridge raiders and Dunkers have been chewed up till there just mush. I haven't had anything that hasn't been well mashed or chewed. I just find it hard to eat puréed chicken or mince. Really trying to up the protein. I'm still eating less than I ever have before :) and have lost 12lb in 4 weeks. How's everyone's else doing

do you mash all the meat and veg up together or seperately, it sounds abit minging lol

I've been having pureed cottage cheese and yogurts when I've needed protein but dont fancy meat. They have been ok. Tried a little bit of smooth pate licked off a spoon but it upset me tum so will leave that for a couple of weeks yet. I had my first non-pureed meal today - had mince and potato and mixed veg and it went down ok - well chewed instead of pureed - about a tablespoon of each.

some of it is minging Karida - pureed chicken casserole looks like something the cat thew up (and having a cat with a 'sensitive sphincter' I know all about that!) - tastes ok though ;0)

Should you been on fridge raiders yet? For me it was puree for weeks slowly increasing the thickness until I got to mushy crispy....also oxo cube? Nutritional value nil, you need to follow your dieticians diet plan and make better food choices or its likely you will suffer further down the line on the plus side u seem to have the water thing nailed...

The diet from my hosp is heavy on yoghurt and eggs. I hate eggs and only eat yoghurt if I have too. I was told the fridge raiders were good for protein. I've been making turkey stews done in the slow cooker and everything is super soft and just needs a little chewing

Anita the dietacian would have a fit if she knew you were eating fridge raiders! Ring them they will give you ideas on what to eat.

Awesome weightloss in 4 wks charlie_pops

If you pureed the fridge raiders up then its not to much of a big deal. At 3 wks post op I was allowed mince meat not pureed with well cooked pasta/rice but they had to be pureed. I was not allowed dunker type crackers until 5 wks post op when I could also try toast. I was on my puree stage but my teams guidelines give menu ideas and I went with them.

Fruit juice doesn't make me dump but I do mix it with more water then juice. The only things that make me dump so far are prawns and crisps.

Back