• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

40% of Gastric Banding Patients Have Complications

Kevin1708

Century Club
40% of Gastric Banding Patients Have Complications

By Alan Mozes

HealthDay Reporter Executive Health 21st March 2011

While the majority of morbidly obese patients who undergo gastric banding say they are generally satisfied years later, almost 40 percent are saddled with major complications, while about half have to have their bands removed, a small, new Belgian study reveals.

To read more: http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/651049.html

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting Kevin, very interesting x

Hi Kevin, unfortunately an argument broke out on the thread, so I think that's why it was pulled. I assumed you had deleted it.

Censorship isn't usually a problem, infact there's a news section on here for wls articles and their like. It contains some pretty interesting information. Hope you're having a good day xx

Thanks for re-posting this Kevin. Can't see why it was pulled in the first place!

It is a genuine article as was the one you posted about bypass problems the other day, so I can't see why it should not stay on the forum.

Thank you for the heads up guys . . . I can’t understand why an argument would break out – it’s an article in the public domain lol . . . debate on the other hand is healthy ! The article highlights current problems and issues which are real and live – I hasten to add that the article seems factual rather than fanciful so rather than it being pulled why didn’t whoever complained not seek to counter the article by disproving it by way of other research material . . . having looked in to this a little deeper the article seems to simply mirror current learned opinion.

Hi,

Just to clarify, we didn't remove the thread for "censorship" reasons. Anybody who was about yesterday will know exactly the reasons for it being removed.

I have made a small edit to the thread to reduce the original quote size and link back to the original article. (Copyright reasons...)

Pierce

You've cheered me up Pierce. I was dismayed to think the article had been 'censored' so am glad to see it wasn't. I can understand the need to edit replies in some extreme circumstances. I saw the thread when it first went up so whatever needed such an intervention must have occurred later. I really hope things have settled down now and we can resume the well rounded information exchanges, support and chatter that has made this forum such a valuable place for WLS candidates and graduates tom be.
Thanks for all your hard work .

Back