• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks poat op food amount

danic-johnson

Hi I'm almost 5 weeks post on and am on mushy lumpy/ soft normal food :) just wondering how much you eat? Do you weigh your food and if so how much do you have? And hat kind of things do your eat. X

At 5 weeks you should be (as you are) on soft foods but focussing on protein. I have never weighed my food - never needed to as the amount I can eat is so small. you very quickly learn the full feeling and when to stop and when just one more mouthful will have you reeling. At 6 months post op I am still on tiny portions and still losing :D

Hi there i am 6 weeks post op and on the same stage as you, i dont weigh my food but here is a typical day for me.

For breakfast i either have a muller light yoghurt (which i rarely finish because im full) or about 4 to 5 tbs of ready break

For lunch i have usually have half a big tin of soup

For tea i had shepherds pie yesterday (blended) and managed about 4 tbspoons, i put gravy on it to make it moist.

I dont really feel hungry at all but have noticed that if i dont eat "enough" i feel really weak and unwell.

I have about 3 mugs of tea/coffee throughout the day and about 2/3 large glasses of nas juice
Before bed i always have a glass of milk :D

Back