• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

70 Stone: The Man they couldn't save

Stacey83

Well, I just saw a TV ad for the next episode of Keith Martin's weightloss journey - you might remember him from the first part over a year ago called Saving Britain's 70 stone man.

I'm guessing from the name of the follow up poor Keith didn't make it? It's on next Monday evening on Channel 5 and Mr Mannur is performing the surgery.

I shall be watching, so sad.

los in it

will put a memo in my phone to watch this
thanks for the heads up

los in it

Watching it now its scaring the life out of me because ( even thou im having the wls next month) I still keeping that might be me, he even lost me and a bit more in weight

Stacey83

This is heartbreaking to watch. Imagine seeing 9/11 on TV and never leaving the house again...so sad.

los in it

so sad to read the ending
im at a lose at what to say

Stacey83

So sad but the sentiment really hit home - the only person who could save him was him and he didn't follow medical advice, didn't start moving and he died. Such a waste of a second chance at living. Really emphasized how important it is to be in the right frame of mind before embarking on surgery.

Kar8858

I watched that whilst eating my 100g of turkey for tea on my pre op diet. I actually felt sick and gave my bernard matthews to my dog! He put me off my food, seeing what it can do. I totally agree though, he was not psychologically prepared for that op and listened to nobody. How frustrating, its like he was determined to die no matter what, total self destruct, they should have deemed him not to have mental capacity...but if an adult man wants to go home then its his decision. So sad...

sophiapink100

I have just finished watching it. So sad :-( just reiterates to me how important it is to take this second chance with both hands and use it to make the best life I can for myself.

It is so sad that he didn't want to follow the advice given. It is such a major and tough journey and I believe he thought he wanted and was ready for it like most of us do, but what we think we want and what we actually want don't always match.