• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a 3g carb lunch idea...

cherry

so i know alot of peeps are wanting very low carb ideas for meals, i found one, ive eaten it many a time... waiiiiiiit for it...

a mushroom omelette haha seriously you have 3 grams of carbs in your mushrooms ( can you believe that) and none in your eggs, it isnt terribly exciting but some black pepper and lil tom sauce and its ok!

Bev

It's a good idea, I read that a lot of people lose weight with this type of meal post surgery Kel...
xxx

rybens

yorkie puddin!
I love mushroom omelettes there yum ! x

cherry

yeh its very low fat but crammed with protein plus you get a one of your day in there to, i always feel bit sick after eating eggs so it helps me not to eat for rest of the day haha x

Bev

Well that's a plan.. I put my pre marriage photo on my avatar for a few mins, it's off now.. just wish I knew what I knew now and I'd have kept the weight off for sure! xxx

Bev

It's something to look forward to Maz, since I love omlettes... just hope I don't go back to my old ways! xxx

Bev

Mushroom soup is great too, made with semi skimmed milk and low in calories... so easy to make... xxx

cherry

oooo bev not sure i could handle that ha, im trying to change my meals weekly so my body doesnt get use to it, this week im on special k for brekky next week im gonna have ONE ha belvita breakfast biscuit with glass of smoothie x

Bev

Good idea to change Kelly... I am loving my quinoa meals at the moment... xxx

cherry

whats that?...............

Bev

It's in the pulses family...
like tiny grains of rice, but smaller.
I get it from Asda... plus a vegetarian stock called 'marigold bouillion', around £2 for the two, quinoa without the stock is bitter.
Boil, when cooled, add small chunks of pineapple and celery and have with your salad instead of meat... it's really tasty and so good for you, plus low carb... xxx

cherry

bevv id rather chew a soggy carrot hahahhaha thanks tho hun xxx

Bev

Hahahaha.. that's what I said at first, I love it now!
xxx

phatmomma

I need to try eggs again, tried a pickled one when i craved it and only got half way before i was sick as a dog. Did scrambled and they hated me too, end result sick as a dog again! However mid July i tried a bit of quiche and that was just fine and dandy.... You can put some cheese in it and get some extra protein too :)

Bev why don't you start a recipe thread? I'm nobody's favourite cook, i can throw a mean sunday dinner together but am not adventurous at all. Too many years of the man at the takeaway being better i guess.....

Bev

Julie that's a great idea... my downfall has been that I've always done loads of cooking for everyone inc., neighbours... and my homemade quiches... were so fattening...

But now... I'm finding my way around with healthier alternatives... good for us diabetics too.

My main forte is soups, quiches, (it was homemade bread, but no more), loads of dinners for everyone and no end of homemade puddings!

I'm saving that much time now... told my hubby again tonight... I'm out of the kitchen, exercising and turning myself around... I don't want my life shortening any more!

But a healthy recipe thread's a brilliant idea!

xxx

phatmomma

Bev you really are going to rock your bypass, already your head is sorted and in the right place :) xx

Bev

Julie, it's such a relief to be getting help... no way can I not help myself...

If I need to cut out a meal, I am doing so with either a slimfast shake or a bowl of Special K, never buy anything anymore that will lead me astray!

But, that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to a small bitesize treat... now and again!

Would be a great help to have some useful affordable easy recipes to dip into!

I've started the thread, based on your idea love!

xxx