• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A funny thing in Holland and Barrett

penguina

Well it may not come across funny here but it was in the shop!

I was checking out Protein powders and asked the girl for one that wasn't bodybuilder type, for after my bypass. The gist of the conversation that followed wasn't the funny part...

She said "I had one 5 years ago, and didn't need any protein powder"

I said "wow you look great, you would never believe it"

She said "open or keyhole?" "Keyhole" I answered

"Two nights in intensive care and this scar" she said as she lifted her top to show me her neat but long scar.

I noticed she had a flat tummy so said if she didn't mind me asking did she have a tummy tuck?

She promptly pulled her top up again, and pulled down the top of her trousers to show her tummy tuck scars, and proceeded to tell me how low her apron had hung.

The funny part was the other people, especially the bloke right behind us who looked like a retired bank manager, or vicar.

I don't know if he had looked, but the shocked look on his pale face said he did, and he was routed to the spot 90 degrees from the till, like he was frozen - no facial movements at all.

You probably had to be there, but it was so funny!!!! She was great and brave to bare all, and obviously very proud of herself. I hope I look so good and normal 5 years down the line.

Back