• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A year ago today .........

Amrac1

Its my one year surgiversay! Cant really believe its only been a year - but also it has gone so quick. A year ago I was 25 stone, diabetic (a whisker away from insulin injections) highish cholesterol, and BP. Was exhausted just by living.
Now I'm just under 13 stone (last Saturday's weight) normal blood sugars, cholesterol and BP. I ran over 2.5 km on the treadmill on Monday and wasnt out of breath.
But the real change is me. I am now a functioning person who can do anything! I am now a I CAN person rather than a maybe person. I am happy within myself. I still would like to lose a bit more weight and I will get there.
The last year has taught me loads. I have learnt how to listen to my body, I now recognise when I'm hungrey and thirsty and am even beginning to differentiate between the two of them. I have learnt how to enjoy excercise.
Regrets - no! Not for one millimetre of a second. Things I miss - yes having a drink with a meal. But hey! I have survived this year and because of the surgery I will hopefully live for many more!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S How do I get my one uear anniversary badge?

Congratulations on your 1 year surgaversary, gosh how well have you done, bet you look amazing.
You must be so proud and happy as punch. Well done.
Sorry i dont know how you find your badge, but you certainly deserve it. xxxx

Fantastic ! Congratulations on so many achievements ! xx

Congrats hun! An amazing achievement! x x x

Very proud of you and loads of love Angel xxx

Absolutely fantastic :D I hope you are proud of what you have achieved and all in a year!! You are an inspiration to me as I was a similar starting weight :D Thankyou for sharing your story and I hope the following year is as good as the last one ;) XX

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss :553: ....

And congratulations on everything you have achieved so far .... :)

Nicky xx

Fantastic weight loss, how did you find curbing your bad habits that you had before surgery?

Back