• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A year ago today . . .

Kevin1708

Century Club
It is hard to believe but a year ago today I was under the knife, have I ever had any regrets? Well to be fair maybe a couple of wobbles at the outset but the goal ahead keeps you strong. I had open RNY which has left a scar but this has faded considerably and is covered by hair in any event (sorry ladies). So during the year I have discovered that I can eat most types of food without issue but it is the portion sizes and returns to the buffet table which has been cut down. My weight has plummeted from 23st 3lb to slightly under 14st 3lb so around a 9st loss. I can now fit in to 34/36 inch waist trousers/jeans and size ‘L’ shirts rather than 46/48 waist and XXL tops. My BMI would suggest that I am overweight but I certainly do not feel it and I believe I no longer look it. I am one of the fortunate one with no excess unsightly skin but believe that this is really down to a good exercise regimen (I happily cycle 50 miles in nice weather). Once at goal I have maintained for some months having reached my own goal about 5 months ago. I personally do not miss the food per se but as I have said I can eat anything I like – I have never really had a sweet tooth but do enjoy curry (hotter the better). I also enjoy a drink and have switched to Guinness and / or wine but not to excess (as we all know, it is rather to easy to get to the falling down stage). When I started my journey I was determined that my quality of life would not suffer, by that I mean I was determined to continue going out and having a good time, yes all things in moderation, but it remains a tool and not a quick fix. Health wise, well I am due my 2 yearly CAA pilot medical coming up but do not foresee any problems whatsoever. If anyone does have any questions do please ask. Finally I would like to thank WLSurgery and its members for all there help and encouragement throughout my journey and will you all continued sucsess.

Well done for having lost 125 lbs in less than a year (I see it was 9 months) and now maintaining !!!

Wow, well done Kevin :D

So nice to know your life is so happy and normal too. Congratulations! :D

It is hard to believe but a year ago today I was under the knife, have I ever had any regrets? Well to be fair maybe a couple of wobbles at the outset but the goal ahead keeps you strong. I had open RNY which has left a scar but this has faded considerably and is covered by hair in any event (sorry ladies). So during the year I have discovered that I can eat most types of food without issue but it is the portion sizes and returns to the buffet table which has been cut down. My weight has plummeted from 23st 3lb to slightly under 14st 3lb so around a 9st loss. I can now fit in to 34/36 inch waist trousers/jeans and size ‘L’ shirts rather than 46/48 waist and XXL tops. My BMI would suggest that I am overweight but I certainly do not feel it and I believe I no longer look it. I am one of the fortunate one with no excess unsightly skin but believe that this is really down to a good exercise regimen (I happily cycle 50 miles in nice weather). Once at goal I have maintained for some months having reached my own goal about 5 months ago. I personally do not miss the food per se but as I have said I can eat anything I like – I have never really had a sweet tooth but do enjoy curry (hotter the better). I also enjoy a drink and have switched to Guinness and / or wine but not to excess (as we all know, it is rather to easy to get to the falling down stage). When I started my journey I was determined that my quality of life would not suffer, by that I mean I was determined to continue going out and having a good time, yes all things in moderation, but it remains a tool and not a quick fix. Health wise, well I am due my 2 yearly CAA pilot medical coming up but do not foresee any problems whatsoever. If anyone does have any questions do please ask. Finally I would like to thank WLSurgery and its members for all there help and encouragement throughout my journey and will you all continued sucsess.

125lb in 9 months, bloomin 'eck - well done you. Love your post, so honest and heartfelt. x

Youve done fantastic, well done x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

a lovely post! heartfelt definatley....you do realise we need piccies though lol

im glad this hasnt killed off your social life....im not one of lifes social butterflies but this is due to lack of funds, not friends, so massivley enjoy the nights out i do get, nice to know they dont have to be comprimised xx

Back