• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice from post oppers, close to, or who have reached goal please x

lotsabeefy

Hi all,
I have about 21 lbs to loose to get to goal and was wandering if you guys had or or are having trouble loosing those last few pounds.
I'm finding it really tough!!.
The other thing is, in certain places I look emaciated such as my neck shoulders and chest, then have this fat tummy that dosn't seem to want to shift!
Therefore would love any advice as to how to move these last pounds and how to get it to come off my tummy.
I am currently eating 1200 Kcals and going to the gym 3-4 times a week xx
Thanks guys

I've touched my goal but it remains consistently, a few pounds away.

July I was 15st 4lb ish and I'm still 15st 4lb this morning. That's up and down. Sometimes as much as up to 15st 10lb. All really depends on my shifts.

I've done miles and miles on the bike and it's not shifting so I'm starting the gym next week and seeking their advice too for a programme. Now it may mean that my muscles build, my fatty deposits go and I stay the same weight. As long as I try different things and I'm trying then I'm happy with myself for trying.

Im now 4lbs from my goal weight of 10st 7lbs, though I intend to try to carry on down to 10st 0lbs. I hovered around 11st and 11st 3lbs for months though and it was really annoying me, I thought that maybe my loss was done. So I changed my eating to inject much needed protein into the mix to see if it worked and it did. I was having porridge for breakfast and then a tin of tuna for lunch and then meat or fish for dinner and I was forcing protein shakes inbetween that as well as my usual lattes. I had to stop the shakes as they were making me feel very sick and I have now relaxed my protein blitz a little, but it seems that it was enough to push my body back into losing a bit of weight and I was thrilled to see the first weeks weight loss of a couple of pounds and was amazed to see 3lbs off last week, shocked doesnt quite say it lol
I dont do formal exercise, bad I know, but I now use Dance Central on the xbox Kinect and wowser does it give you a good work out.
So I cant really advise on the exercise side of it but protein blitzing sure helped for me.
Steph xx

I'm pre op so carnt really help as such all I can say from goin to slimming clubs that the women that was there that has a stone or thereabouts to lose took ages to lose it unlike me who's got lots of weight to lose i was losing 10-11lb some wks I think the less u got to lose the harder it must be but I'm sure u will do it, maybe change ur meals around a bit sometimes if ur eating the same kinda foods ur body gets use to it and u don't lose (this is wat I found at slimming clubs) it's probably different after surgery I'm goin from my experiences with slimming clubs!! U have done so well I hope I do as well and u look fab!!!
Good luck Hun xxxxxx

I'm pre op so carnt really help as such all I can say from goin to slimming clubs that the women that was there that has a stone or thereabouts to lose took ages to lose it unlike me who's got lots of weight to lose i was losing 10-11lb some wks I think the less u got to lose the harder it must be but I'm sure u will do it, maybe change ur meals around a bit sometimes if ur eating the same kinda foods ur body gets use to it and u don't lose (this is wat I found at slimming clubs) it's probably different after surgery I'm goin from my experiences with slimming clubs!! U have done so well I hope I do as well and u look fab!!!
Good luck Hun xxxxxx
Thanks Laura, I too would loose silly amounts of weight after my op, I think thats why i'm finding hard to get my head round the fact that i have really slowed down xx

Yea u feel a bit dishearten don't u that's y in past diets iv ended up putting all my weight bk on or more bcus I diet do well then it slows down and I think well I'm eating healthy and losing nothing so I go bk to eating loads hench the reason I need this bypass lol... I'm dieting now, well trying to change my ways cutting down and eating healthy homecooked foods so that wen I have my op it's not a complete change of life styles I lost 6lb last wk and I'm weighing in tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
I'm sure ur weight will soon come off how much u lost Hun? Uv done well ain't u? How long since ur op now? Xxx

Yea u feel a bit dishearten don't u that's y in past diets iv ended up putting all my weight bk on or more bcus I diet do well then it slows down and I think well I'm eating healthy and losing nothing so I go bk to eating loads hench the reason I need this bypass lol... I'm dieting now, well trying to change my ways cutting down and eating healthy homecooked foods so that wen I have my op it's not a complete change of life styles I lost 6lb last wk and I'm weighing in tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
I'm sure ur weight will soon come off how much u lost Hun? Uv done well ain't u? How long since ur op now? Xxx

Think I have lost 179lbs since my op which was January 13th this year.................shouldnt have cause for complaint really but i just wanna be a healthy BMI

Hi Nadine,

I'm a heck of a long way from my goal... but just have to wish you well and to say 'how terrific you are looking'... you are beautiful inside and out...

Well done Nadine and I think losing it slowly means you can take good care of you and not feel so washed out, plus.... take care of your skin and nutrition....

You look unrecognisable and what an amazing achievement... I mean it in the best possible way, since you will always have been beautiful... but now it's more than beautiful, you are stunning.

Take it steady Angel, you are on the run in and enjoy this last lap sweetheart... you are true inspiration and look amazing... xxx

Bloody hell uv done amazing ain't u well done, I'm sure ur do it Hun uv done so well xxxxx

I have been stuck at around 1/2 stone from a healthy weight for many months now. My weight just refuses to budge any lower.

Admittedly, while Ive been depressed I havent been exercising, so perhaps when Im up to exercising again it might shift.

All you can do is keep plodding on and hoping that eventually the scales will be kind to you.

Back