• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

Amrac1

Hi all,
I had a really bad day yesterday. I had 1/2 weetabix in the morning and then every time I ate something I had the frothy spit-ups and eventually vomitted numerous times. By the time I went to bed I was feeling permenatly sick.
This morning I feel better abd am sipping some squash.
I am 6 weeks post RNY and up until yesterday going well. I am surposed to be on solids as of last Friday but am now very confused on what to eat, if I should just have fluids today or what I should do!
HELP!!!!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXX

Pouches are funny things. One day they can accept whatever you eat or drink and the day after they can reject everything you put in it. It sounds like your pouch had an off day to me. Maybe stick to fluids and soups today to give your pouch a bit of a rest. But tomorrow you could maybe try some sloppy weetabix and see how you go on from there.

Also some people take longer to progress on to more solid foods than others. I couldn't eat solids until 11 weeks post op.

Hope you're feeling better today. xx

Back