• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

zebraaaaa

Hello, well iv just had surgery i was ment to have the full gastric bypass but surgery became complicated and he had to do the sleeve instead, i was hopeing people who have bad this done can give me a positive feed back as iv herd little on the subject.
So far im happy i feel full on very little so its achly nice :) but still would love to here from someone who successfully had this op
Many thanks x

Hi Zebra, I am only a week post-op so I am not very experienced but just wanted to say happy healing xxx

I was also listed for a bypass but due to previous hysterectomy and propensity to bleed during surgery my consultant switched to a sleeve.
I have lost 6stone 6lbs to date and am totally thrilled.
Good luck darling

I was also listed for a bypass but due to previous hysterectomy and propensity to bleed during surgery my consultant switched to a sleeve.
I have lost 6stone 6lbs to date and am totally thrilled.
Good luck darling

How long did it take you to loose that if you don't mind my asking, and well done thats amazing x

Hi Zebraaa, I went in for a bypass and came out with a sleeve due to a bowel malformation and adhesions. However, I am pleased with the results, I am 6 months post op and have lost 5st 8lb. I know the weight loss is slower than with the bypass, but it is still coming off at about a pound a week.On the plus side I don't dump easily, can eat most foods and also my IBS is gone! I even went out for afternoon tea last week with friends and had a little bit of everything! So you don't have to miss out. Eat your protein first, and take your vits, 3 small meals, and 2 snacks a day and you will be fine xx

That brilliant!
Bit more existed now thank you,
I lost 25 pound pre-op but having only had my op
On Tuesday iv not lost any yet to my mind.

Thank you, really put my mind to rest people have been quite negative about this op and its nice to have some back up it can go right :) x

Hi Zebraaa, I went in for a bypass and came out with a sleeve due to a bowel malformation and adhesions. However, I am pleased with the results, I am 6 months post op and have lost 5st 8lb. I know the weight loss is slower than with the bypass, but it is still coming off at about a pound a week.On the plus side I don't dump easily, can eat most foods and also my IBS is gone! I even went out for afternoon tea last week with friends and had a little bit of everything! So you don't have to miss out. Eat your protein first, and take your vits, 3 small meals, and 2 snacks a day and you will be fine xx

Thank you Sarah I'm only had it done Tuesday so still on liquid I'm recovering fast, i managed to sleep on my side last night so happy time,

Iv not been given any vits, would you recommend taken them anyway and well dont thats amazing waightloss! X

Don't worry about weight loss yet, you are still swollen from surgery and your body goes into shock. Having said that I had lost about 7lbs in week one so you may well have lost. Having looked into the sleeve more since the op I am more and more convinced it was actually a better op for me to have.

Its less intrusive from what i understand you basically being retrained, its a tools, it already braking the horrible cycle i was in maybe this is better, it'd broken the cycle its cant be as bad as some people say guess there has to be a willingness to change as well x

About vits, I had chewable ones for 4 weeks then went onto ordinary ones - centrum advance are good. It is a tool, but a good one as you just cant overeat. Good luck with your journey xxxx

Back