• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-op update

Nuxley

Hello Everyone

I just thought I would share with you all a little of my story so far...

I had my sleeve operation on 30th April at Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington. When I started my pre-op diet on 10th April I weighed 150kg and knew that I had follow this path for me to ever successfully lose and keep the weight off in the future.

I went to see my doctor today for a medication review and am happy to report the following:

Weight - 135kg (lost 33lbs)
Blood glucose between 4 - 5 (normal)
Blood pressure - 138/60 (normal)
BMI was 50.7 - now 45.6 (much better!)

I am amazed that in such a relatively short space of time my overall general health has been greatly improved. I have very little knee pain and the only part of me that still seems to be creaking is my back. When I have lost weight before my back has always had to adjust to my changing shape so I'm sure the pain will diminish in proportion to my disappearing belly!

If any of you are reading this pre-op and still have some doubts about gastric surgery then I am living proof that it is a good idea and for many of us it is a lifesaver.

I am looking forward to the rest of my life now, and the rest of this amazing journey.

Best wishes to you all

Sandra. :p

Back