• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After 2 months of barely eating I can eat for scotland

Daisy85

Ok slightly worried iv barely ate slot in the last two months and brought up alot but last weekend sat I couldn't eat mash but Sunday I could eat roast pork. This past week I could pritty much eat anything.
Today iv had
B porridge & banana
L 3 bowls of veg and chicken soup
D 6 crackers with cheese chicken and pickle
S banana yogurt and sweetener

I have a app for a full tmoz but I'm scared something's wrong and I'm thinking that's quite alot to eat?
I don't know what I have in my 14ml band I know it's over 10 and that the nurse said there was a fair bit of pressure in there last time I had a fill.
Any help greatly appreciated xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Porridge and soup would probably not stay in the banded tum for long, so wouldn't keep you full.

Could you eat the crackers as one meal or did you spread them out?

I'm sure everything is ok but they might not want to give you another fill, not being able to eat much for 2 months is not good xx

Daisy85

Thank you for posting. I just feel like I'm eating loads. I just read your post on what to eat. The crackers was all together but it's them thin crackerbread ones so not the dryest or crunchiest. So need to change my foods? I just hope to god I haven't done damage by bringing food up xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, try and stick to food that will fill you for longer. I'm sure your provider will be able to advise you when you see them tomorrow x

Daisy85

Fingers crossed. One good thing is I still feel tightness if I eat to fast just not as much as I used to xxx

top_kat

i would say that it sounds or feels like loads because its very much "slider" foods- soup, porridge etc all pass thro so quickly. Move over to drier, crunchier foods and make a conscious effort with each meal to think how you can make it so.

Muesli over porridge, crunchy salad or veg over soup. Focus on protein which will fill you up and low cals too - it's not surprising that yournnot feeling full for very long. If you're brining food up, you have a significant level of restriction and a fill may not be the best option, but a real change in what you eat can make a huge difference, both with hunger, keeping you fuller longer and losing weight moving forward .

Daisy85

Thanks guys I'm not bringing anything up anymore. As of last weekend I feel like I'm eating like a horse ( pardon the pun) lol xxx
Fingers crossed for tmoz xxx

top_kat

Its good your not bringing anything up - but if you eat slider/liquid based foods that go through quickly then you will ultimately eat more, because it doesn't hold off the hunger feelings. lots of dry foods, crunchy foods, lots of protein based foods first, change the soup to things such as chicken or fish with veg, snack with things such as ham, corned beef, tuna, rather than yoghurts. And Im sure that you will really notice a difference.

At each meal, I really look at what I'm thinking of having and then look to see how I can make it drier and therefore more filling. Things such as stir fry vegetables along with chicken or prawns, quick to cook, but keeps us filled up for longer . . .

Daisy85

Thank top kat I got a we half mill xxx

top_kat

did they say anything or give you any help/guidance with regards to the food?

Daisy85

Nope. Just that it sounded like I needed a we top up xxx

top_kat

Oh well, focus on the crunchier stuff and it will help you . . .

You have a badge in your postbit for the 200lbs loss - have you lost 200lbs so far with your WLS??

Daisy85

Oh no I haven't loaded 200lbs I thought that was for when you got below 200lbs oops better change it xxx