• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alcohol

mrscinders

Hi i was wondering if after a bypass or sleeve can you still drink alcohol :)

Hi i was wondering if after a bypass or sleeve can you still drink alcohol :)

They said you can, but it makes you drunk so much quicker - I tried a glass of wine at Christmas but to be honest - it didnt taste the same - and its empty calories i would rather have something yummy than waste them xx

what does emptie calories mean ?

Am 4 months post-op and can drink! Not as much as before but can still manage a fair few voddie with diet coke, stirred with a spoon! Do suffer from terrible hangovers now though xx

yeah i am 3 months post op with the sleeve and i ave just started to drink again, vodka and fresh orange and i can still drink a canny but terrible trapped wind and heartburn the nxt day but i am blaming the orange for that haha x

I was told to wait atleast 3 mths but I drink cider or cheap fizzy wine so probs wont be able to drink again, cant stand spirits or proper wine xx

Hello there

I am sure your provider will tell you their rules/terms for you drinking alcohol post op as every providers rules differ but on the whole for a rny op I have found many to be no alcohol for at least one year post op, I am sure someone who is under the same provider will be along to shed some light on it for you, if your unsure you can always ask your surgeon when u see them next - wishing u all the best - MeJulie xx

what does emptie calories mean ?

it means you have calories that will turn to fat that dont give you any nutrional value, say 300 cals for a alchaholic drink as apposed to 300 cal for a nice piece of chicken - that will give you nutriants and make you full............... see the difference?

Walsall Manor advise no alcohol for 12 months post surgery

Back