• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alli over the counter slimming pill

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
my next door neighbour has been using it... its been working for her.

.x.

I went on full strength xenical a couple of years ago(120mg), when i went to collect it from the chemist he shook his head, i asked him why and he said your body will build up a resistance to it, within 6 months i had lost 3 stone in weight but within 6 months the tablets had stopped working, another 6 months later i was a stone heavier than my start weight. I had a friend who also had a similar experience. In my opinion its a quick fix and faddy but maybe there are people out there who have maintained their weight loss.

its expensive, a waste of time, a horrible drug, and i think if u can stick to a low cal diet anyway, theres no need for it.

I agree Liz, money making!

your right i think it is a money making scheme! i tried the full strength a few years back and only lost 2 pounds in a month!!! it may work for some people but i certainly wouldnt try it again!

I think the biggest concern I have with this is the way its being marketed. Its being marketed as a 'wonder pill' which is going to give you great weight losses. Well it isnt and it wont! Xenical is great as a tool to keep you on the straight and narrow on a low fat diet - purely from the fear factor of those side effects. I think a lot of people are going to try this expecting it to be a fast, easy way to lose weight and are going to be bitterly disappointed. I havent seen any mention on any report that it should be used in conjunction with a low fat/ healthy eating plan :(

I bought some of this alli from ebay nearly 2 yrs ago, I started taking it then got pregnant so stopped, can`t say the side effects were nice though lol!!!

I worry that it will be abused and get into the wrong hands!!
If its half the strength then what is stopping people from taking double!!!

great point yasmin ! also it can be abused by people with eating disorders at the other end of the scale, like anorexics ect. not a good idea for an over the counter drug.:mad:

I dont think people like anorexics would actually go for it though, I think theyd go straight for laxatives which are a heck of a lot cheaper. Alli wont actually work for everyone who tries it. It only works if youre eating more than a certain amount of fat a day. To get it over the counter you have to be a certain amount overweight. Ofcourse buying it online would be a whole other ball game :(

I think I heard that pharmacist has to weigh you and you need to be certain BMI to get it But this still allows free reign for people to buy for another and to go to different chemists to get more!

I think I heard that pharmacist has to weigh you and you need to be certain BMI to get it But this still allows free reign for people to buy for another and to go to different chemists to get more!

i totally agree !

i have 2 months full strength left in my med drawers from just before xmas..... hmmm money making idea here or not should i ebay lol

i think that the people about to BUY it are going to be shocked by the results, they will NOT really understand the concept of not being able to have even a little fat like an egg

when people buy these pills over the counter they should provide a free pack of adult nappies ?????:8855:

I still take them eventhough they dont do anything but just taking them and thought of what may happen is enough for me. I do did the side effects when I eat oily fish. I too have a little pile of stock as cons gives me script every month.
You cant sell on ebay here as meds arent allowed.
They have been available to buy in states for the last few yrs, you can pick up in any walmart (asda to us) no check needed. Here like has been said you have to be weight and measured as friend is pharm ass. Have offered mine to mate but she is scared to use them but her gp wont script them.
I cant see how people can abuse them if the chemist follows their protocols

Ali

Ali its ok i wouldnt dream of trying to sell meds, i just find it strange that they were so hard for us overweight people to get and now suddenly they are putting them on the open market

Back