• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alli over the counter slimming pill

Hi
I am on them and have been for 4 year son and off and they dont work for me.
I took them in teh beginning and lost 2 stone straight away and put it on got pregnant blah blah back on them and nothing - going gym instead and having a band.
I just dont see the point of them they are just a fad and as soon as you stop taking them if you continue to eat what you were eating whilst on them you will gain the weight again. they are not a wonder drug they are a quick fix for a holiday or wedding then you will be back to your original weight plus interest !
I dont really to be honest think that they should be available at chemists as they should be monitored by a GP but then I honestly dont think that bands should be given out to people who eat mcdonalds 9 days before having it fitted.

I just dont see the point of them they are just a fad and as soon as you stop taking them if you continue to eat what you were eating whilst on them you will gain the weight again. they are not a wonder drug they are a quick fix for a holiday or wedding then you will be back to your original weight plus interest !

I dont think theyre a quick fix at all :confused:. Ive not heard of anyone whos taken them whos lost any weight purely by taking the tablets and continuing to eat as they have been.

Theyre not meant to give you a big weight loss, theyre more as a tool to keep you on the straight and narrow on an existing diet. People taking Xenical tend to still only lose 1 - 2lbs a week if theyre following a low fat diet.

Ive never heard of anyone taking them as a quick fix, nor for them working that way either

I was on Xenical for a year ( just stopped them on Monday, and have moved on to Rosemary Conley), and they helped me enormously. Yes I know I could have just followed a low fat diet and the weight would have come of, but surely that is true for all of us??
Xenical helped me stop binge eating, it made me step back and look at the reasons why I binge ate. It helped me make the changes in my life that I needed to make. The reason I stopped the tablets was because I was craving oily fish. By staring Rosemary Conely I can still follow a low fat diet and have my oily fish, and so far so good.
While on Xenical I can honestly say I never cheated, always took my tabs, and never ever had an accident, so Liz I didn't need to buy nappies :p:p
I do not agree however, that they should be available over the counter. I feel that a medication such as Xenical should only be prescribed by a GP and under supervision.
But that's just my own personal opinion :)

xx

ETA ...they were never ever a quick fix for me, and I have no intention whatsoever of going back to my old eating habits. I've worked too bloody hard to lose what I have so far to do that xxx

well done alibalibee that is brilliant weight loss, you say you were on xenical for a year, did you find that they were a bit of hard work ? I find that my body is just too used to having them. What I was trying to say (badly) was that at first the xenical is a shock to your system and you lose weight quickly the first time you ever use them like a "quick fix" but after being on them some time the good effects slow down quite a bit. I find 4 years on I still have "accidents even by eating a lowish fat diet, I do love mayo and even the low fat one is 9% which is too high for xenical.

x

well done alibalibee that is brilliant weight loss, you say you were on xenical for a year, did you find that they were a bit of hard work ? I find that my body is just too used to having them. What I was trying to say (badly) was that at first the xenical is a shock to your system and you lose weight quickly the first time you ever use them like a "quick fix" but after being on them some time the good effects slow down quite a bit. I find 4 years on I still have "accidents even by eating a lowish fat diet, I do love mayo and even the low fat one is 9% which is too high for xenical.

x

Nope never found them hard work :) I think when I got prescribed them I was in the *right* place mentally, if you see what I mean? I felt that it really couldn't get any worse, as in that I was 20st 4lbs, I had lost a stone the previous year, but my weight was yo yoing all over the place and the bingeing was getting out of hand. They really have changed my life for me, well ok I did the hard work lol, but they did help. I don't miss things like butter, mayo etc as I've found alternatives that I enjoy, so I don't feel I'm being denied anything.
The feeling I now get from having to buy smaller clothes is amazing, there is no other high like it :D

hey can i use it with the bypass
I wouldn't Mandy, but if you did want to take them ( and I am seriously recommending that you don't), then I would advise you to either see your surgeon or your GP first. I don't understand why you would want to though seeing as you've had the bypass:confused:

I popped into my local Lloyds Chemist today just to see how much they was, They come in 2 size packets, 48 and 84, the 48 size packet is 32.95 and the 84 packet is 49.50. I was offered them there and then, nothing about weighing me and no mention of my BMI, i said no thanks been there and done it with them, never again there a waste of money and walked out, Just thought i would post so you can get an idea of how much they actually are. X

I popped into my local Lloyds Chemist today just to see how much they was, They come in 2 size packets, 48 and 84, the 48 size packet is 32.95 and the 84 packet is 49.50. I was offered them there and then, nothing about weighing me and no mention of my BMI, i said no thanks been there and done it with them, never again there a waste of money and walked out, Just thought i would post so you can get an idea of how much they actually are. X

wow no checks nothing thats not right, they will be abused by certain people then, especially young girls that think there fat when there not

Back