• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alpecin Caffiene Shampoo - anyone tried it?

kurvykaren

I keep seeing loads of adverts for this and wondered if it was worth starting to use it before surgery to avoid the possible risk of hair loss.

Has anyone used it yet? I'd love some views if you have any.

I usually use Elvive with selennium as I have an itchy flaky scalp and this has been the only shampoo that relieves the itchiness (although I fear it's been discontinued and it's getting harder to find).

Thanks.

I bought this product. I use the liquid daily but only use occasionally as my hair doesnt need washing often or it will lose its natural oils and dry out.
I cant say at this stage whether it is working or not but im will to try anything to prevent hair loss.
I think Cherry started using it before i did so she may have noticed a difference. Hope this helps you love. xxx

I also would love to hear from anyone who has used this product too.
I have used the elvive(mens)thickening shampoo and it dried my hair terribly.

So if anyone has used this for a while And noticed any difference please post!
As my hair is coming out lots!

Thanks x

Best thing for an itchy scalp is Betnovate scalp lotion off the doc,Its cooling and stops the itching very fast!

I can only use Elvive... it's horses for courses... we are all so different... I had the Elvive hair thickening shampoo for men after cancer treatment and have been fine using this ever since, but I can only use it with the Elvive conditioner.

I've not tried the Boots one... but it's very much an individual thing ... what works best for one may not suit another...

I'm taking my selenium and zinc given by Mr Ammori, so far, my hairdresser is saying I've had no hair loss that she can notice... as of yesterday.

Love and hugs to everyone and hope you find what suits you xxx

Ive got the Alpecin but Ive only used it twice, only got it about a week ago and been to the hairdresser inbetween, it has good reviews though.....Im willing to give it a go unless its stupidly expensive :D XX

I bought this to use after surgery and got my hubby to test drive it a he's thinning a bit but he had an allergic reaction to it and his face and scalp were bright red as if he had been sunburnt lol. At least he won't be nicking it haha.

It's so difficult, so many variations and reactions with different people, you can only try and see sometimes... good luck everyone... love and hugs xxx

I use the Elvive/similar + thickening conditioner when I'm going out and the Alpecin the rest of the time-
only been using it for a couple of weeks & still finding a "hedgehog" of hair left round the plughole!!!
-will report back if I do see any change:)

Back