• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And now i start the next merry go round ride.

penelope1008

Just been to the gp & as I've maintained at 11st 3lbs or less I'm currently at 11st 0.5lbs . She's signed the special weight for for ww so officially at gold & is referring me for plastics. Am I ready for this ride? How long will it take? Who knows but it's worth a shot!

I don't know the answers as our area doesn't do it on nhs but good luck hope it not to long fopr you

That's good news Penny, hopefully you'll get the go ahead and it will be done fairly quickly.
Congrats on maintaining so well, you certainly deserve it

If anybody deserves being approved for the next stage it's you xx

Thanks ladies. Not sure what & how much can or will be do e if anything not expecting anything so won't be quite such a downer if nothing can be done. Time will tell but as even dietitian says last bit is in excess skin, & my appendix scar is getting sore again as in a skin fold my thighs slap as I walk so its all gone down as cant exercise & skin fold sores, etc.etc. who knows. Seeing arthritis consultant next week & he will help back up my application if needs be plus dietitian & cbt counsellor I hope if there's a chance it can be done I may succeed. Long road to go no doubt but its a start.

Yay exciting! I've got a consultation for a thigh lift and arm lift in a few weeks :)

Yay congrats on going for it hun! I saw my gp first week of Jan and had plastic app 4 weeks later. After i saw ps at end of Jan he said he would be in touch. Heard from doctors a few weeks later to say funding approved and got another app with ps on 16th May. Currently on the waiting list now which i was told is around 12 weeks but could be a bit later now as surgeon is away in the beginning of August. Still waiting for my date though grrrr x

Thanks for that it gives me an idea of a possible timeline subject to pct variations. I've still got to do my research & weigh the pros & cons to make sure it's a informed choice that I can live with rather than walking blindly into more surgery. I think I just need to be sure what's right for me & I can live with that choice subject to what can be done & my head/heart accepting I deserve this & it can resolve some of my challenges with in myself subject to a huge dose of reality & realistic expectations. I think I've still got a lot of personal demons to slay to ensure I get this right.

That's great news I really hope you get your plastics. You have earned the right for surgery to ease those problems you describe. Well done on your weight loss xx

Ohhh penny!!! that is great news about the plastics... If anyone deserves it you do!! You have done so amazingly well. Was so nice to see you the other day looking so lovely and really loved the hat. Keep me posted about the plastics, I am sure if they are approving anyone it will be you. Maybe I can support you through that, as you supported me through my bypass. xxx

Back to GP at their request. No one really sure why they called but reply from hospital plastics to say not normally done on NHS funding needs to be applied for. It seems as I was away GP sent off application anyway so await response from pct or who ever it is these days. Fingers crossed girls.

Fingers, knees & toes crossed for you Penny :) x

Call from GP this pm had a letter back from the funding panel wanting proof of treatment for skin infections they'd listed as why I was asking for funding. Of course I'd been treating them myself but at least a boil in my pubic area last autumn needed antibiotics so he was including my home treatments & this in his reply. May not get the funding this time round but at least I know what we'll have to do next time.
Fingers crossed but lower expectations of a positive answer after that call.

thats great Penny & at least you know that they have your referral in hand and are considering it :)

Back