• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

. . . . and the weight begins to fall off!!!!

hsmel

Well I am now three weeks post op so although I have 'unofficially' been on the losers bench I decided I now better make it official!

Assessment date 12th September 17st 12 lb

Pre Op diet to op 21st Sept 17st 0lb -12lb
Week 1 liquid diet 28th Sept 16st 8lb -8lb
Week 2 mushy diet 5th Oct 16st 0lb -8lb:D:D:D

I could not be more delighted and touch wood I have been lucky on my journey so far compared to many. To be honest I am eating and drinking quite well and feel good about life in general. I am so pleased I had this op!!

Very Happy Mel xx

(next technical trial will be trying to update my ticker!!)

well done your doing brilliantly x

Well done mel, that is amazing!
Ps i cant update my ticker, i just make another every time i want to update it
xxx

These tickers are quite difficult . . . well they are for a technophobic!

Fantastic and very best wishes for continued losses... love and hugs xxx

Mel, i had my bypass the same day as you, when you say your on the mashy stage could you give me a rough idea on what your having, i should still be on the pureed stage for another week, but i'm thinking of maybe chucking a bit of mashed stuff into the mix & seeing how i get on, i can't take no more soup or pureed mash!! Any ideas would be gratefully received :D

Hi All - thanks for the congrats . . I am just so chuffed with myself its great!!! Em - you are at the same stage as me so have a try of some of what I have had and just try a bit and see how you get on. I have mashed up a youngs haddock mornay and had about a third. It was lovely the fish doesnt really mush up that well but as long as you chew it really well it went down fine. No mash with it just on its own with lots of the cheese sauce. I also made a chicken, leek and bacon bake with a bit of fromage frais and cheese sauce. I had some of that too and it was fine. Again not really mashed up but chewed really well! Tackled a piece of scotch egg this lunchtime as was in a bit of a pickle and did not have time to shoot home for soup! Again I just chewed it really well and it was fine. Probably ate about a third of it. Tonight I am having a bit of jacket potato with some home made chilli with grated cheese on the top. To be honest I think that as long as you REALLY chew everything it is no different than if it had been in a blender. I have also had a scrambled egg and that was fine although some people have said they have problems with eggs. I can say I have had no problems whatsoever and I have felt much better actually 'getting my teeth' into some food. After the milk diet then soups/mushy stuff I really just need to eat a bit of proper food!:D

Oh Mel, i'm excited for tomorrow now! i shall try something other than mashed spud!! i know the guidelines are there for a reason, but i really don't think i need to be on pure pureed, i may regret it but my sanity is telling me i need to try something a bit different!!!! Thank you!! :D

Absolutely brilliant weight loss Mel. Its great to hear you sounding positive too honey.

Em, I binned the puree diet at 3 weeks too, I had just had enough! I think as Mel says as long as you're careful ad chew, chew chew, you'll be fine.

Also: take tiny mouthfuls. Use a teaspoon or a kiddy fork, because that helps you to control how much you're putting in your mouth. Put your spoon/fork down in between bites to slow your eating down too.

I've found all these things help tremendously and I've never been sick on food.

Yes like Charis says I just chew everything so well it may as well have been in a blender ;) and I use a teaspoon so I dont 'stuff'. I keep thinking I am being a bit naughty but after this length of time, and feeling absolutely fine, I think you know yourself if you can tackle a bit of proper food! As long as you are sensible I am sure we will suffer no ill effects.

I am off to Horse of the Year show today and hope to bump into Ladylite. Hoping a few friends notice I look a bit thinner but its early days I suppose and as I have always tried to wear going out clothes that disguise my bulk perhaps I am being optimistic at this stage! :sigh:

Well 12/10/10 weigh in I am 15stone 11lb. Only three pounds I think to myself - ha ha when I was permanently on a diet three pounds would have been brill:rolleyes: so I am pleased really. I am not actually disappointed at all because I am already feeling a lot 'thinner'. Have been able to wear a smaller pair of jeans without lying on the bed gasping like a fish out of water trying to do them up . . . and then wondering if I need to go to the loo while I am out will I ever get them back up again??! Still feeling very positive.:D

Brilliant news 3lbs and smaller jeans, what can I say. xxxx

Back