• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any one else seen a psychologist post op ?

debbieb

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a psychologist post op ?...just been referred as an urgent appointment because .. Can't believe I am saying this less than 6 months after my bypass, It looks like I may be developing an eating disorder !!!..dieticians words , not mine !..
If you have what do they do ?.. I have visions of being sat down like a little kid and forced to try food ! . Lol

They ask about your past, family life growing up, things that are happening now that maybe stressing you! It's mostly a big chat, they have prompt cards so have a certain amount of things to cover. I went to one last week I'm keeping a food and mood diary and am going to be but on a course of cognitive behavioural therapy - YAY :S don't worry anyway usually take a while to come through and you don't have to go anyway it's all your choice :) unless your SECTIONED bum bum buuuuum! Sorry couldn't resist x

Fizzpot said:
They ask about your past, family life growing up, things that are happening now that maybe stressing you! It's mostly a big chat, they have prompt cards so have a certain amount of things to cover. I went to one last week I'm keeping a food and mood diary and am going to be but on a course of cognitive behavioural therapy - YAY :S don't worry anyway usually take a while to come through and you don't have to go anyway it's all your choice :) unless your SECTIONED bum bum buuuuum! Sorry couldn't resist x

Dumb blond moment !!, lol, what is cognitive behavioural therapy ?..
And yes , I seriously need to go !..since my stretch 2 weeks ago, I am eating and drinking less , my average days food intake consists of ..2 weight watchers fromage. Frais (48 cals each,) and 1/2 bowl of instant mash with grated cheese melted on top ! , with the odd pkt of french fries or wotsits , and that's basically it, so I know I am now in serious need of help ! XX

i had a stretch 4 months out and since eat awesome.

i have head issues, but they were there pre-op, if you search you will see my previods threads regarding this. I am seeing a psycholigist now and will be undergoing psychotherapy. but its helping. and i am happy. i do feel we should get more after care for our mind

ryanrara said:
i had a stretch 4 months out and since eat awesome.

i have head issues, but they were there pre-op, if you search you will see my previods threads regarding this. I am seeing a psycholigist now and will be undergoing psychotherapy. but its helping. and i am happy. i do feel we should get more after care for our mind

I agree,
We really need more info about this , all I got at my initial consultation with my consultant was a standard information sheet , that just labeled a bypass as a 1 in 200 chance of death .. And that was it !... Don't get me wrong , and I have said this numerous times before .. I don't ever regret having my bypass , but I think that we could be given more info about what could go wrong so that we are fully aware of all the pitfalls before we start our journey. X

CBT put simply means - When you change the way you look at things - the things you look at change.
Dont worry, just remember that everyone is there to help you.

Back