• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

embrace1204

Hi

I'm choosing between the sleeve and wrap, my flights are booked, providers are awaiting deposits but I've probably researched too hard as I now don't know whether to have wrap or sleeve.

So, to all you sleevers.....any regrets? any complications? how has having the surgery changed you (mentally not physically)?

Read conflicting info between the sleeve and wrap and I guess personal experiences are better than the providers all vying for business.

I'm a sleever; no regrets whatsoever. Researched all the procedures (although to be honest not the wrap as I hadn't heard of it, but even if I had my decision wouldn't have been different) and decided the sleeve was the one for me.

Great topic embrace2014! I'm interested in this too!!! I have a sleeve scheduled for Feb. 13 and I am excited and nervous...

I had my sleeve in May an am extremely happy with it, as for my head, well i still sometimes try to comfort eat and binge, but i simply cant eat much, although my head is much better than before my op, good luck with whatever you decide :) x

going for the sleeve. Gosh it's scary!

Op date 25th Feb, the NHS can go swivel - kept 2 and half stone off in 2 years and they still won't add me to their op list :-(

No regrets concerning my sleeve! Like Caren said, my head is in a much better place as you cant eat as much and the ghrelin is reduced. I looked at the wrap but for me i wanted a more established procedure at the time :)

Hi,
I had been battling with my weight for 20 years. I had considered the bypass and band 5 years ago but never had the courage to go through with it.
I moved to Qatar for 2 1/2 years and had the gastric sleeve surgery last year over here at a very good price. I actually went in for a procedure called gastric plication:rolleyes: (or wrap)- I had researchedd about it as it was said to be the safest of recent weight loss procedures.
However doctors asked my on the operating table if I wanted gastric sleeve instead. I had no idea what it was but asked them which would be more successful. They said sleeve- so I went with that.
I have NO regrets. actually scrap that- my regret is that I should have done it sooner and rather than wasting the last 5 years of my life worrying about what people think about my weight. I was orignally 147kg. This morning I weighed 94.5kg.
Don't know much about results with wrap. What had appealed to me was that it was less risk but I was aware if it didn't work I would go for bypass after. So happy with sleeve I don't think I would have to consider that now.
Good Luck with your choice. :)

I love my sleeve and have no regrets! The wrap wasn't an option for me as I was NHS.

I have lost almost 7 stone since the day I started my pre-op diet on 30.06.12.

I have seen on the forum that Scooter has had loads of issues with her sleeve, are there many people here that have had complications?

As with any surgery there are always risks. You're best to check with your provider and get a clear a picture as possible so you can make a fully informed decision. I don't know of anyone else on this forum who had the problems that scooter had, but it does happen I'm afraid.

I've spoken to a man that was sleeved by the surgeon I have lined up and he's thrilled with it and had no issues, I think personal testimonials are far better than the ones on the websites owned by various companies.

I had no complications, I suspect they are few and far between.

I didn't look in to it once I'd made my mind up as I knew it'd drive me nuts!!

I was terrified before I had my bypass, and nearly didn't go through with it.. In fact if it hadn't of been for penelope1008 here on the forum who took me into hospital, I probably wouldn't have got there at all.. But came through it with no complications and would do it all over again now in a heartbeat. the benefits of weight loss surgery compared to the risk percentages is a risk well worth taking in my opinion. xx

OOps sorry!!! Just realised you only wanted to hear from sleevers not bypassers.... Good luck with whatever you decide though!! xxxx

Back