• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any Sheffield Peeps?

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi, Just checking to see if there are any Sheffield PCT people on here. I think there are a few but compared to other PCT's, we seem a bit thin on the ground (pun intended) :D As all PCT's seem to sing from different hymn sheets, it would be nice to speak to someone travelling the same road as me. :)

Hi! I'm under Doncaster and Bassetlaw. Close but no cigar! ;-)

LOL ... with all the people on here you would think there would be more from Sheffield. Never mind, everyone is great so it doesn't matter that no one is local. Would have been nice though :sigh:

Yooooo Hooooo Sheffield guy here :)

Yehhhhh at last ... :clap: I have spoken to you before but never realised you were from Sheffield until I just read your newspaper clips & saw you were from Deepcar. I am in Burncross so quite local.
Soooo let me pick your brains. I go to my pre assessment on 19/09 & have been told that the op should be within 3 months of that, is that right? What should I expect at the pre assessment? Also lots of people on here talk about laparoscopies, sleep tests, phsyc appointments etc. I have not done any of these. Just GP, group meeting with bariatric team & meeting with Mr Patel. I did do a few months with Weigh Ahead before being referred to Mr Patel, but it seems to be very straightforward compared to the hoops some people have had to jump through. Have I still got these things to come or should I just count myself very lucky? Also i am diabetic so what sort of pre op diet would I be given. Sorry to assault you with all these questions :eek: & if you do not know, that is fine but if you do not ask you do not find things out. :)

I had my pre op on 30th dec10 and had my op on 24th June! They told me 3 months but they just kept putting me off!! You will get there in the end! Deffo worth the wait! Pre op is nothing really just a chat about medical history, bloods taken and Mrsa swabs! Mine expired so had to have 2 pre ops!!! No other tests at all! What op are u having? I'm still quite a newbie but any questions I'll try my best to answer xx

Hi, I am hoping for the gastric bypass. I would have liked the DS but am told it is not available in Sheffield. :sigh: Never mind, everyone who has had the bypass seems to be doing really well so fingers crossed :)

Yes, from your pre-op assesment, if everything is 'OK', it will be about 3 months for your op date :)

Pre op assessment will be a talk with the surgeon on eating habits and discussing which op he thinks is best for you. Also bloods may be taken then.

As a result of this chat and bloods depends what goes on regarding further tests. I had none. Just more bloods, ecg etc

Goodluck wiv it all Hun :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back